NOVA application cycle.

drummergirl1719

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
hi guys i just started studying for the OAT about 3 weeks ago and i plan to take it at the end of August. however i plan to apply through optomcas when the cycle opens in july. my question is can i still apply without my OAT scores? when does Nova start taking applications? will Nova even look at my file if i haven't taken the OAT yet?

Members don't see this ad.

Hello,
Yes, you can apply through optomcas in July without your OAT scores bc NOVA will get them since you will have to request on your OAT application form for NOVA to receive your scores. You will get 5 scores sent to schools included with the OAT app and $25 additional for each extra school. It takes the school a few weeks to receive your score, but you can always fax your unofficial score prometric will give you after your test. Nova might look at your app before OAT, but they will not make a final decision until your scores come in. The best advice I can give you is, don't take the test until you feel confident you will do well. If you plan on taking the test in August, there's no big factor if you need to post-pone it a few weeks. In the end the decision is up to you. Good luck with the application cycle.

thanks also i have the OAT kaplan 2010 edition book you know the big book, and a friend gave me the MCAT 2004 EDITION today, all the sections are the same except for the bio, should i study the bio sec from the MCAT book?