NOVA Boards part I

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

cabo

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am accepted to D2009 at NOVA and TUFTS, but I don't know how NOVA performs on the boards. Any NOVA students outhere know how you guys ranked on the boards. What was the average? Do you feel NOVA prepares you for them or is it all partying and having a good time? Help me decide.

Members don't see this ad.

Of the group of students who took the Florida boards a few weeks ago, over 90% of them passed. The students who took the Western Regionals also did quite well, I believe also over 90%. Andy, any idea?

Remember, boards are only ONE of the reasons for selecting a school. Good luck on your decision.

-Mike

mike3kgt said:
Of the group of students who took the Florida boards a few weeks ago, over 90% of them passed. The students who took the Western Regionals also did quite well, I believe also over 90%. Andy, any idea?

Remember, boards are only ONE of the reasons for selecting a school. Good luck on your decision.

-Mike

I just saw that you specified Part I. I don't know the averages of my class or the class above me, feel free to call admissions and speak to the director. He will gladly tell you.

-Mike

Members don't see this ad :)
I heard both Tufts and Nova did well in the past few years...it all depends where YOU want to go.

cabo said:
I am accepted to D2009 at NOVA and TUFTS, but I don't know how NOVA performs on the boards. Any NOVA students outhere know how you guys ranked on the boards. What was the average? Do you feel NOVA prepares you for them or is it all partying and having a good time? Help me decide.

Honestly, it doesn't matter if NOVA students does well on the boards. It doesn't matter if people at NOVA party all the time. The only thing that matters is how YOU do. If YOU study hard, YOU will prepare YOURSELF for the boards no matter where you go to school.

Really, don't let any statistical average determine where you go to school, because it will not determine how well you do in the least.

are you the type of student who would rather cram for the boards 2 weeks before, or the type who needs 2 months off?

my school crammed labwork, exams, and projects up our butts the entire spring semester and summer, then gave us a few days off prepare for boards.

if you're that concerned about boards, choose the school who has a schedule set up to liking of your study habits.

by the way, what is Tufts and NOVA's pre-board schedule?

cabo said:

Jone said:
are you the type of student who would rather cram for the boards 2 weeks before, or the type who needs 2 months off?

my school crammed labwork, exams, and projects up our butts the entire spring semester and summer, then gave us a few days off prepare for boards.

if you're that concerned about boards, choose the school who has a schedule set up to liking of your study habits.

by the way, what is Tufts and NOVA's pre-board schedule?

NSU - D1 year... students end finals may 13. A month off and summer board prep begins june 12. Board prep includes 9-12pm classes teaching general board prep and pathology prep (because it's taught the second year here, so it's introduced as a board course only).

Written exam is july 11. So, about 2 months of no "classes" to study for the boards.

-Mike

mike3kgt said:
NSU - D1 year... students end finals may 13. A month off and summer board prep begins june 12. Board prep includes 9-12pm classes teaching general board prep and pathology prep (because it's taught the second year here, so it's introduced as a board course only).

Written exam is july 11. So, about 2 months of no "classes" to study for the boards.

-Mike

Very impressive!!! I wonder why other schools (such as mine!!!) doesnt incorporate that kinda schedule.....