Nova,CCOM,UHS,Toro,WVSOM,AZCOM,Iowa osteo

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

jscottc33

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
How would the people that have interviewed or attend the schools ranks them overall and give reasons why?

------------------
j. scott carroll

Members don't see this ad.

Hi Scoot,

I am a second year at WVSOM. It is a pretty good medical school, but in a very rural area. Their main mission is turning out primary care docs for rural Appalachia.

I am from WV, and plan on staying here, working in EM in a rural area. But many from out-of-state return home. If you are from a big city, there is some cultural shock once you are here. If you are from a rural area, it is a nice place with wonderful coffee shops and boutiques that you normally only find in bigger cities.

Compared to the other schools mentioned? I would say if you are looking for a smaller school with a better one on one ratio of student to professor, in a small quiet town, and you pretty much want to do only primary care, then WVSOM would be a great school. But if you are convinced neurosurgery is where it is at, then perhaps you would want a bigger school in a bigger city. You would get a solid foundation to head into any residency here, but you might be disappointed in coming from a large area.

If you need more info, or if I have not touched on anything you wanted to know, please feel free to e-mail me!

Billie, MS-II
WVSOM