Nova Dental School Interview

Discussion in 'Pre-Dental' started by jdinners92, 09.21.14.

1. SDN is made possible through member donations, sponsorships, and our volunteers. Learn about SDN's nonprofit mission.
  1. jdinners92

jdinners92

Pre-Dental
    Hey, I'm new to the thread. Some background info: I was going through a lot of family issues over the summer (both my parents had to have emergency surgeries). Between that and school, I wasn't able to get my application out until September 1st.
    My GPA is a 3.7, my DAT score is 20/20/20, I have done lots of shadowing work, taken a dental lab course where we worked on D2 type lab work, and held leadership positions in many clubs including being captain of my rugby team for 3 years.
    So I got an Interview at Nova Southeastern (my number 1 choice) basically right away, but the only open spot was February 4th.
    Questions:
    1) Am I at a huge disadvantage (like do I even have a chance of getting accepted) because of how late I applied?
    2) What is the interview like at Nova?
    3) How can I knock this interview out of the park?
    4) Am I screwed?

2. SDN Members don't see this ad. About the ads.
  3. shyfox9p

shyfox9p

Pre-Podiatry
    I have a friend who got an interview in March last cycle and got in. Your stats are good. Plus, you might be able to move that date earlier once people start getting accepted to other schools. Good Luck

jdinners92 likes this.
  4. jdinners92

jdinners92

Pre-Dental
    cool profile btw. but, could you give me more info on how to move the date like that. should I just check the scheduling software every day

5. shyfox9p

shyfox9p

Pre-Podiatry
    Thanks! Yep. Just check. It's a first come first serve though and there are several of people in your situation.

6. bsp1013

bsp1013 2+ Year Member

Dentist
    You're already in, just show up to the interview. You'll prob be the only person there.

About the ads