NOVA dress code

This forum made possible through the generous support of
SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

gatorgirl316

Full Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I'm just wondering if Nova has a certain dress code for class. Like khaki pants and a polo? I know a lot of graduate schools do. Christmas is coming up and maybe I should ask for a gift card to buy these clothes... 😛
 
They have a dress code but it is scrubs. I'm not sure if you are allowed to wear other types of clothes. When i interviewed there all the students were wearing color coded scrubs according to their profession (optometry, dentistry, DO)
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
what do most students wear?

Mostly scrubs and flops--although we are not supposed to😎
Some students wear business/business casual with or without their lab coats. The faculty is fairly lax as far as enforcing the dress code is concerned, although I heard they are going to be tougher on the policy once we come back from winter break.
 
Dress code!? This is the first i'm hearing about this. But i guess i shouldn't be too surprised. My friends in med school are usually dressed like that when I run into them at school.

I guess I will have to retire my wardrobe of sweats. Dear, sweet undergrad.