Nova Here I Come!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

stargyalny

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
FINALLY!!!!! MY ACCEPTANCE!!!...Anyone else going to NOVA? :D

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
stargyalny said:

Congratulations! :clap:

Congratulations!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I will see you in August! :D Congradulations!

stargyalny said:

Kudos and Godspeed on your endeavors. Would it be possible to ask you regarding Nova's program? Thanks

Thank You for your good wishes, Nova has a 4 year Pharm.D. program, which includes 3 years of courses and 1 year of rotations. It's average accepted GPA is a 3.5 and above 80 PCAT scores. It depends on alot of factors, like experience, extra-curriculars, etc.

Nova's program is great in that they start experiential learning right from the beginning, and ofcaurse, Ft. Lauderdale is beautiful.

They do interviews and send acceptance letters on a rolling basis, so the earlier in the process the better your chances of acceptance.

I hope that helps.

Thanks AGain
mosco said:
Kudos and Godspeed on your endeavors. Would it be possible to ask you regarding Nova's program? Thanks

mosco said:

They have 100% passing rate on the Naplex for numerous years. That should speak enough.

Thank you everyone!...Is there anyone else starting in August...I'm going to be coming from NY and was just curious about who's going to be there..hehe :)

stargyalny said:
Thank you everyone!...Is there anyone else starting in August...I'm going to be coming from NY and was just curious about who's going to be there..hehe :)

I too will be there.... I am coming from NY, NYC to be specific. But, I am originally from Fl, can't wait to go back. Miss the weather....

...start ironing your dress clothes (and say goodbye to jeans and shorts for a few years) :D

NSU2008 said:
...start ironing your dress clothes (and say goodbye to jeans and shorts for a few years) :D

Ugh, do ALL pharmacy schools have a dress code? This is the part of pharm school I am NOT looking forward to. What do you mean I can't wear baggy sweatpants, my Alpha Phi t-shirts, and flip-flops to class anymore?! LOL, welcome to the "professional" world...:smuggrin: :eek:

Well I love to wear sweats also! I won't mind wearing scrubs

Scrubs are sooo comfortable, you can just wear a T-shirt underneath, it gets cold inside, but, with scrubs you don't have to worry about picking out clothes in the morning, when you are in a rush.

The first month or two, before the white coat ceremony, I believe they do not allow P1s to wear scrubs. I really like Nova's professionalism, they make you feel like ... OK, this is grad school, you are not in undergrad anymore.

:D I am really excited about next year.

stargyalny said:
Well I love to wear sweats also! I won't mind wearing scrubs

Well, better than dress clothes at least. P1s are allowed to wear scrubs (solid color, matching) after the white coat ceremony. But, after you get the white coat you're supposed to wear it at all times too. That is something that they are strict with.

For example, don't forget your white coat for an exam, or they won't let you take the exam.