NOVA Housing

This forum made possible through the generous support of
SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

jb4teen

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
For anyone that goes to Nova or that is going. Where do most people live? I hear that noone really stays on campus except undergrads. So I was just wondering what some of the popular places are. Also, I am moving there for the 2005 semester (late august probubly). When should I start seriously looking for a place? Any help would be great. Thanx.

Members don't see this ad.

jb4teen said:
For anyone that goes to Nova or that is going. Where do most people live? I hear that noone really stays on campus except undergrads. So I was just wondering what some of the popular places are. Also, I am moving there for the 2005 semester (late august probubly). When should I start seriously looking for a place? Any help would be great. Thanx.
I was just down there in December for my interview and I started checking out housing options. The nicest places were Poincianna Lakes, Los Prados, and The Waves. The people say that they fill up pretty fast with grad students from NOVA, but you really can't reserve any spots until June if you plan on moving in during August.

Members don't see this ad :)
Yeah thats a good Idea to look on the dental forums. I imagine all the apartments around Nova will have lots of University students in it. I was looking at Davie Crossing and Cameron Cove on the internet. They don't look too bad. It would be nice to get one that you can just walk to the University. I guess I'd probubly move up at the end of July beginning of August. It cuts the cost down alot if you have roommates too.

I contacted Cedar Key Apartments about Fall availability and I was told that they already have a waitlist. You need to give them a deposit to hold a unit for you. This apt complex is directly across the street from the medical building. Good luck!

Thats good to know. I'm going to look into it this week hopefully theres something good still open. How come you picked Cedar Keys? Have you checked out any of the other places? It looks like a few others are with in walking distance to the university, but its hard to say from the maps.

Check out www.apartmentratings.com to see posts on different apartments near NOVA. Cedar Key and Los Prados have good marks, the Waves got poor reviews overall. I have seen Los Prados myself and it looked very nice. My favorite place, though, was Tuscany Place (but reviewers said you need to watch out when you leave that they don't screw you out of your deposit). Los Prados, Tuscany Place and the Waves are all in Plantation- so all will be about a 10-15 min drive from NOVA. Cedar Key is literally right across the street from the University in Davie- so you could definately walk from there. That's probably why it has a wait list. Both Plantation and Davie are nice areas and would be good areas to live in.

I picked Cedar Keys because when I was down there, there were a lot of staff members walking around the grounds, which were very kept up.

Also I saw some ratings from residents on some online site that said Cedar Keys was much better than the other complexes in the area. The second reason was when I used apartmentguide.com to price places Cedar Key one bedrooms was the cheapest.

Yeah Cedar Keys sounds like it the most popular. I am going to Call them and find out the details. Does anyone have any comments on Cameron Cove or Davie Crossings? Are they walking distance to nova? Also, I think I am going to post my profile on the roommate finder. It cuts the costs quite a bit even if you get 1 roomate.

I just called Cedar Keys today. I am on the wait list. Hopefully I can get in. It sounds like the best place. I am waiting for a 2 bedroom, and then hopefully will be able to find a roommate. In the meantime, I am just going to keep looking on there roommate finder incase someone comes up that has a good place already like Cedar etc.