Nova Housing

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

jb4teen

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
For anyone that goes to Nova or that is going. Where do most people live? I hear that noone really stays on campus except undergrads. So I was just wondering what some of the popular places are. Also, I am moving there for the 2005 semester (late July probubly). When should I start seriously looking for a place? Any help would be great. Thanx.

Members don't see this ad.

If anyone has any info on this it would be greatly appreciated. I am from Canada and won't have the chance to fly down there and check things out. Thanx.

jb4teen said:
If anyone has any info on this it would be greatly appreciated. I am from Canada and won't have the chance to fly down there and check things out. Thanx.

Try posting this on the dental conference. I have seen some NOVA students on there that may be able to help you.

Members don't see this ad :)
jb4teen said:
For anyone that goes to Nova or that is going. Where do most people live? I hear that noone really stays on campus except undergrads. So I was just wondering what some of the popular places are. Also, I am moving there for the 2005 semester (late July probubly). When should I start seriously looking for a place? Any help would be great. Thanx.

I am from florida and will be attending NOVA in Aug. The campus is gorgeous by the way :D . When I toured thier facilities I viewed the undergrad housing and the Grad housing - not the RITZ but doable. Unfortunately for u i believe that Nova is trying to expand thier Undergrad program this year and are 'evicting' the Grad students. I can only assume that you will be entering thier DMD program- which runs from an entirely diffrent campus and may not be involved in the housing changes for 2005. Nova does offer help in finding off campus housing and i have heard that they are really diligent on the students behalf. Living in Fort Lauderdale is NOT cheap. Nova is located in a sort of college mecca and housing fills up quickly esp cheap housing. Do not delay- START NOW If I were u I would start by asking my addmissions counselor for help or info on aval housing. Also see if u can go to the Sun Sentinal website to see if renters post any eff or apartments for rent there . Also i think Nova has a program to hook up roomates- Hope this helps - :luck: Sorry i have not heard much else.

:cool: :oops: :D OH and welcome to Florida
it will be quite a change for you :rolleyes:

hey how u doin?? i'm also going to be going to nova. ya, the previous poster is right, they dont allow dental students to live on campus anymore, from what i've heard. the majority of the dental students stay in complexes that are a 5 minute walk from the school. they are poinciana lakes and cedar key. both will run you about 900/for a single bedroom, and about 1100 for two bedroom. so if u split it with a roommate, its about 550 each plus utilities. not too bad. good luck, and u can also search on www.apartmentfinder.com and www.forrent.com search under colleges and put nova. good luck

omar

jb4teen:

Are you in undergrad or will you be starting dental school in the Fall?

As Omar have stated, off-campus housing mainly Poinciana Lakes and Cedar Key are the places to be.

http://www.gannonintl.com/Poincianalakes.htm

Yeah this helps lots. I am entering into their optometry program, so it will be the same thing (Off Campus). I am posting on the Dental forum b/c there are alot more ppl on it than the optometry forum. Dental and Optometry students at Nova will be in some of the same classes I hear. Anyways has anyone heard what Davie Crossings or Cameron Cove is like? Yeah I checked the roommate finder, but there isn't too many people on it. I guess I'll have to post my profile.

omaralt said:
hey how u doin?? i'm also going to be going to nova. ya, the previous poster is right, they dont allow dental students to live on campus anymore, from what i've heard. the majority of the dental students stay in complexes that are a 5 minute walk from the school. they are poinciana lakes and cedar key. both will run you about 900/for a single bedroom, and about 1100 for two bedroom. so if u split it with a roommate, its about 550 each plus utilities. not too bad. good luck, and u can also search on www.apartmentfinder.com and www.forrent.com search under colleges and put nova. good luck

omar

Omar What lead u to choose Nova in spite of its high tuition? I personally love the school and its beautiful facilities and caring faculty, but @ times wonder if it will be worth the $$$. :rolleyes:

PanaRama said:
Omar What lead u to choose Nova in spite of its high tuition? I personally love the school and its beautiful facilities and caring faculty, but @ times wonder if it will be worth the $$$. :rolleyes:

ya the school is awesome. i mean, if UF takes me off their waitlist, i dont think i'll be able to go to NOVA. i just cant justify it when i can pay half the tuition elsewhere. but since i'm waitlisted at UF, i've decided to stay in Florida, since i plan on practicing here. even though i got accepted to SUNY @ buffalo, which would be even cheaper than UF after my first year. from what i've heard NOVA prepares you very well for the florida boards, which are tough. and also nova was the only school i;ve seen where i was like "Wow". UF actually put me to sleep. good luck

omar

anyone on this forum looking for a roommate for the fall class entering NOVA this Aug 2005? I just got accepted so I'm looking for a place and a roommate to ease the financial woes of Ft. lauderdale! :) And does anyone have more info on teh roommate matchign program at Nova? I am a female, btw, and would prefer to live w/ one :)

Yeah I think I'm going to post my profile on the roommatefinder. Does anyone know, if you are planning on having a roommate, should you find one first and then look for an apartment? Or is it smarter to get an apartment with an extra room and then look for a roommate? As they start to fill up fast.

jb4teen said:
Yeah I think I'm going to post my profile on the roommatefinder. Does anyone know, if you are planning on having a roommate, should you find one first and then look for an apartment? Or is it smarter to get an apartment with an extra room and then look for a roommate? As they start to fill up fast.

I think the later would be smarter. You should have no problems finding a roomate. But remember Nova in smack dab in the middle of College ave - as i had mentioned before - College mecca ;) Nova students are not the only ones looking for cheap housing. Unless u plan on living accross the street in the apartments aloted to Grad students- than i would put a deposit on a place as soon as u can afford to :cool: Again congrates- i will burrow now back into my bedroom w/ the heater full blast. its gonna be a cold nite= 40 degrees :eek: I wish i owned a winter coat :rolleyes: The windchill of 32 was almost unbearable today! Go on Northeners - scoff a thin blooded
native Floridian :laugh: +

Yah-E said:
jb4teen:

Are you in undergrad or will you be starting dental school in the Fall?

As Omar have stated, off-campus housing mainly Poinciana Lakes and Cedar Key are the places to be.

http://www.gannonintl.com/Poincianalakes.htm

This guy doesn't know what he's talking about, Palm Trace is the place to be!