1. The SDN iPhone App is back and free through November! Get it today and please post a review on the App Store!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

NOVA interview/ help on traveling

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - DO' started by blankPagE, Dec 1, 2005.

1. blankPagE

blankPagE Junior Member
    7+ Year Member

Medical Student
    I'm interviewing at NOVA in less than 2 weeks!! Yay! anyone else going down there for the 9, 12, or 14th interview slots? btw, do schools usually give you such a short notice for interview? I literally just got the invite 4 hours ago.

I'm trying to book flight, hotel, and car? I'm from out of state and would really appreciate any help/suggestions on the this matter. I called a few hotels and a lot of them are booked or other wise >200 dollars a night. It would be great to get input from the locals as well.

Thanks a lot!

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. MikeyLu2010

MikeyLu2010 UT Longhorns Alumni
    10+ Year Member

Attending Physician
    here are some hotel #s that have some sort of shuttle service

954-370-2220 amerisuites plantation :
    954-382-4500 hampton inn plantation:
    954-424-3300 sheraton suites

i interviewed 11/18...and it was a long wait for me.. i got the invite 2 months prior...prolly didnt interview during the hard hurricane season..thats what im guessing

i personally stayed at sheraton..it was 80/nite...very comfy bed...internet is extra tho..10bux/nite...they have shuttle to school..and airport...but wont pick you up from airport..so u gotta get a cab..which is like 30 somtin..dependin on traffic..oh yea..its only like 3 or 4 miles down the street from nova..but traffic really bad..so it'll take you like 20-30 min to get there

4. MikeyLu2010

MikeyLu2010 UT Longhorns Alumni
    10+ Year Member

Attending Physician
    if you hav any other questions..pm me..gluck

5. SF83

SF83 Member
    5+ Year Member

When I interviewed the hotels were all booked up cause of the hurricane but i mentioned i was a AAA member and somehow they magically had room for me. Fly inot Ft. Lauderdale (I went JetBlue) and, if u dont wanna rent a car, try to find a hotel with a shuttle. Most provide a shuttle to and from the airport but a cab ride shouldnt be to bad if you stay eithin the area. You can also try calling the school to see if you can stay with a student.

6. kaikai128

kaikai128 Yes SIR. ;-)
    5+ Year Member

7. docmd2010

docmd2010 Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

congrats on ure interview! what were your stats if you don't mind me asking???

8. blankPagE

blankPagE Junior Member
    7+ Year Member

Medical Student

Thanks, Kaikai. Your link was great! and good luck with your final. I pulled a B in biochem and it thank you for everyone's help. I'm very excited ..it's my first interview, and can't wait for some sun and nice breeze down there! One more week, yay!!!

9. blankPagE

blankPagE Junior Member
    7+ Year Member

Medical Student

#8 blankPagE, Dec 2, 2005
    Last edited: Jan 29, 2009