• Scariest Story Contest

Now that it's getting close to Halloween, we're running a contest to hear your scariest stories! These can be scary stories that you've experienced or stories that you've heard and the story with the most reactions will win!

JOIN CONTEST

NOVA interview/ help on traveling

blankPagE

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jul 16, 2003
the little island
  1. Medical Student
    I'm interviewing at NOVA in less than 2 weeks!! Yay! anyone else going down there for the 9, 12, or 14th interview slots? btw, do schools usually give you such a short notice for interview? I literally just got the invite 4 hours ago.

I'm trying to book flight, hotel, and car? I'm from out of state and would really appreciate any help/suggestions on the this matter. I called a few hotels and a lot of them are booked or other wise >200 dollars a night. It would be great to get input from the locals as well.

Thanks a lot!

MikeyLu2010

UT Longhorns Alumni
    10+ Year Member
    Apr 19, 2005
    Houston, TX
    1. Attending Physician
      here are some hotel #s that have some sort of shuttle service

954-370-2220 amerisuites plantation :
      954-382-4500 hampton inn plantation:
      954-424-3300 sheraton suites

i interviewed 11/18...and it was a long wait for me.. i got the invite 2 months prior...prolly didnt interview during the hard hurricane season..thats what im guessing

i personally stayed at sheraton..it was 80/nite...very comfy bed...internet is extra tho..10bux/nite...they have shuttle to school..and airport...but wont pick you up from airport..so u gotta get a cab..which is like 30 somtin..dependin on traffic..oh yea..its only like 3 or 4 miles down the street from nova..but traffic really bad..so it'll take you like 20-30 min to get there

About the Ads

SF83

10+ Year Member
      5+ Year Member
      Jun 16, 2005
        When I interviewed the hotels were all booked up cause of the hurricane but i mentioned i was a AAA member and somehow they magically had room for me. Fly inot Ft. Lauderdale (I went JetBlue) and, if u dont wanna rent a car, try to find a hotel with a shuttle. Most provide a shuttle to and from the airport but a cab ride shouldnt be to bad if you stay eithin the area. You can also try calling the school to see if you can stay with a student.

docmd2010

10+ Year Member
        7+ Year Member
        Apr 17, 2005
          blankPagE said:
          I'm interviewing at NOVA in less than 2 weeks!! Yay! anyone else going down there for the 9, 12, or 14th interview slots? btw, do schools usually give you such a short notice for interview? I literally just got the invite 4 hours ago.

I'm trying to book flight, hotel, and car? I'm from out of state and would really appreciate any help/suggestions on the this matter. I called a few hotels and a lot of them are booked or other wise >200 dollars a night. It would be great to get input from the locals as well.

Thanks a lot!

congrats on ure interview! what were your stats if you don't mind me asking???

blankPagE

7+ Year Member
          15+ Year Member
          Jul 16, 2003
          the little island
          1. Medical Student
            kaikai128 said:
            http://www.nova.edu/cwis/bsv/travel/hotels.html

Here is a link for the discounts that you can get throug the school. This is probably your best place to start.

...and now back to biochem, my final is at 8am. :-D

Thanks, Kaikai. Your link was great! and good luck with your final. I pulled a B in biochem and it thank you for everyone's help. I'm very excited ..it's my first interview, and can't wait for some sun and nice breeze down there! One more week, yay!!!

About the Ads
            This thread is more than 15 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
            2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
            3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
            4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
            5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
            6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
            7. This thread is locked.