NOVA interview/ help on traveling

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

blankPagE

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm interviewing at NOVA in less than 2 weeks!! Yay! anyone else going down there for the 9, 12, or 14th interview slots? btw, do schools usually give you such a short notice for interview? I literally just got the invite 4 hours ago.

I'm trying to book flight, hotel, and car? I'm from out of state and would really appreciate any help/suggestions on the this matter. I called a few hotels and a lot of them are booked or other wise >200 dollars a night. It would be great to get input from the locals as well.

Thanks a lot!

Members don't see this ad.

here are some hotel #s that have some sort of shuttle service

954-370-2220 amerisuites plantation :
954-382-4500 hampton inn plantation:
954-424-3300 sheraton suites

i interviewed 11/18...and it was a long wait for me.. i got the invite 2 months prior...prolly didnt interview during the hard hurricane season..thats what im guessing

i personally stayed at sheraton..it was 80/nite...very comfy bed...internet is extra tho..10bux/nite...they have shuttle to school..and airport...but wont pick you up from airport..so u gotta get a cab..which is like 30 somtin..dependin on traffic..oh yea..its only like 3 or 4 miles down the street from nova..but traffic really bad..so it'll take you like 20-30 min to get there

if you hav any other questions..pm me..gluck

Members don't see this ad :)
When I interviewed the hotels were all booked up cause of the hurricane but i mentioned i was a AAA member and somehow they magically had room for me. Fly inot Ft. Lauderdale (I went JetBlue) and, if u dont wanna rent a car, try to find a hotel with a shuttle. Most provide a shuttle to and from the airport but a cab ride shouldnt be to bad if you stay eithin the area. You can also try calling the school to see if you can stay with a student.

blankPagE said:
I'm interviewing at NOVA in less than 2 weeks!! Yay! anyone else going down there for the 9, 12, or 14th interview slots? btw, do schools usually give you such a short notice for interview? I literally just got the invite 4 hours ago.

I'm trying to book flight, hotel, and car? I'm from out of state and would really appreciate any help/suggestions on the this matter. I called a few hotels and a lot of them are booked or other wise >200 dollars a night. It would be great to get input from the locals as well.

Thanks a lot!

congrats on ure interview! what were your stats if you don't mind me asking???

kaikai128 said:
http://www.nova.edu/cwis/bsv/travel/hotels.html

Here is a link for the discounts that you can get throug the school. This is probably your best place to start.

...and now back to biochem, my final is at 8am. :-D

Thanks, Kaikai. Your link was great! and good luck with your final. I pulled a B in biochem and it thank you for everyone's help. I'm very excited ..it's my first interview, and can't wait for some sun and nice breeze down there! One more week, yay!!!

docmd2010 said:
congrats on ure interview! what were your stats if you don't mind me asking?]

thanks docmd2010, my stats were 3.6, 29, w/ loads of ECs and research.
hope that helps.

Last edited: