NOVA Interview Questions (Optometry)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

nguye4nt

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi! I was just wondering if anyone had an interview at NOVA yet, I have mine this week and was wondering what the interview questions were? If anyone could help, that would be great! :)

Members don't see this ad.

Nova has been doing interviews for about a month now. It's an open file interview with two faculty usually. Then you get lunch, a tour with students and a financial aid session. The actual interview is about 20-30 minutes, and fairly casual. If you have any questions, let me know, I'm a first year and the interview tour coordinator.

Are there any specific questions or general questions that you can provide me that they may ask? I am really nervous! Thank you so much!

Members don't see this ad :)
Don't remember, my interview was a year ago...sorry! But it was most likely why optometry, explain any bad grades and some other associated questions. More conversation than questions though.

Some i remember were: why optometry? explain any bad grades? How will you handle the stress of a 22 credit courseload/how do you deal with stress, what do you want to do with your optometry, how do you see optometry changing in the next 10 years? and they also asked me about my community service/volunteer experience.

It's a very laid-back interview, very conversational - just relax, let your personality shine through! Also, check out the interview feedback section - there should be a bunch of questions on there from Nova's interview. Good luck!