NOVA interview questions

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

dippedindettol

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
my interview is on october 4th

what are cheap places to stay near the school (if anyone is iwilling to put up their own spot for me to crash at for a night or two for little cash, lemme know).

is there a bus system in place or should i rent a car or go with a cab.

how long do interviews last? my letter says it starts at 11.45. what time do they end? (so i know when to schedule my flight back)

do interviews start at the time the letter says? or is it like some schools that even if u arrive 2 hours earlier, they start taking you in the order in which you come.

anything else i should know.

THANK YOU PEOPLE

Members don't see this ad.

hi,

i interviewed for optometry school at nova, and was admitted. they interview their health professional candidates in the same place and the dental candidates are given the same type of tour and meet/greet as the optometry kids.

They give you a tour of campus and buildings you will be working in, that should last at least an hour, if not more. plus you'll meet some admistrative type people. don't worry, they are friendly and you eat pizza with them. eventually you'll get arround the interview in the mid afternoon. I was with 3 other candidates, and we finished by 5 pm. they capped each candidate at half an hour. if your interview group is large, you might take longer...I wrote more specifically about my interview experiene in the pre-optometry forum, maybe it'll help you.

there is a bus, and hotels are also described on your info packet that they send you.

You should confirm this info with the dental school coordinator. eveyrone was really friendly at NOVA. i'll be starting on sunday aug 6, so if you want to meet up, and ask me how i like everything, i'll be glad to help. i will be inclass until 5 pm, though...

kinchung

thanks alot for the info. ill hit you up for more details later.

Members don't see this ad :)
I am interviewing on the 14th of September. In the packet you recieved it listed four hotels with discounted rates. Of those four, the Hampton is the cheapest at $79 a night (keep in mind that at different times of the year the rate probably varies). It also says this hotel offers a complimentary shuttle from the airport (if you need it) and to the university.

Hope this helps and good luck.

dippedindettol said:
my interview is on october 4th

what are cheap places to stay near the school (if anyone is iwilling to put up their own spot for me to crash at for a night or two for little cash, lemme know).

is there a bus system in place or should i rent a car or go with a cab.

how long do interviews last? my letter says it starts at 11.45. what time do they end? (so i know when to schedule my flight back)

do interviews start at the time the letter says? or is it like some schools that even if u arrive 2 hours earlier, they start taking you in the order in which you come.

anything else i should know.

THANK YOU PEOPLE

Hey there. You can find a cheap hotel nearby, just make reservations though! I didn't do that when I interviewed last year and got into Ft Lauderdale at midnight, luckily got a cheap place at a hotel nearby called American Suites (cheap but decent). Yeah there is a bus system, but a cab is probably faster. My interview was an all day thing, started around 11, then interview at 3. They do provide lunch. Good luck, Nova is a great school and I am happy about my decision to come here.