Nova Interview

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

HooksHooks

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Do they interview the majority of their applicants? It seems like a lot of people with a variety of stats are getting interview requests

Members don't see this ad.

that's how I felt too and I heard that they interview quite a lot and put a lot of people on waitlist.
And they keep interviewing while they have 500 sitting in the waaitlist. WHAT? yes.
I got on their waitlist, never got off. No rejection either.

But that doesn't mean you will not get in. Good luck.

Reactions: 1 user
that's how I felt too and I heard that they interview quite a lot and put a lot of people on waitlist.
And they keep interviewing while they have 500 sitting in the waaitlist. WHAT? yes.
I got on their waitlist, never got off. No rejection either.

But that doesn't mean you will not get in. Good luck.
WOW 500 waitlist? That's insane. If I may ask, when did you interview?

Members don't see this ad :)
Interview does not equate to acceptance

Reactions: 1 users
Does anyone that interviewed at Nova last cycle have any tips/suggestions regarding the interview?

Last edited:
Does anyone that interviewed at Nova last cycle have any tips/suggestions regarding the interview?
Relax. It's nothing stressful.

WOW 500 waitlist? That's insane. If I may ask, when did you interview?

My interview was pretty early I want to say, mid October last year. WL'ed in demcember and never got off.
On the interview day, Dr. Lippman so kindly tells everyone that we have all been carefully selected and we shouldn't worry about getting in, all they want to do is just get to know us a little. etc.

That's just a sugar-coated BS script line he uses every year (I know it because I've heard it twice ha).

Sure, my definition of qualified applicant can be different from theirs, but I don't appreciate the fact that they are interviewing so many post-dec applicants vs how little they accept from the huge WL pool. It;s appalling to know that they are interviewing hundreds more applicants when there are so many waitlisters anxiously waiting to get a call.

This sharply contrasts with detroit mercy. They do post-dec interviews, but they select quite a lot from their waitlist.