NOVA interview

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

babiegina84

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Anyone interviewing at NOVA from out of state? Any suggestions on what hotels to stay at and transportation? I'm flying out from CA next week and still trying to decide where i should stay and if i should take a cab while im there or rent a car. Any suggestions? Thanks! =)

Members don't see this ad.

i live in the area and am interviewing in two weeks. your probably flying into ftl. the school is less than ten miles from the airport. i would catch a cab and have them take you to NSU and look for a hotel within walking distance. i'm sure there are a few. you could probably also go to hotels.com and search for one in davie, fl and see how far they are from the university using mapquest.com. i would personally just have the cab help u find one by the school. and be prepared to wait. the wait will be like 4,5 hours till u get to be interviewed. good luck

Anyone interviewing at NOVA from out of state? Any suggestions on what hotels to stay at and transportation? I'm flying out from CA next week and still trying to decide where i should stay and if i should take a cab while im there or rent a car. Any suggestions? Thanks! =)

I would recommend renting a car. There are hotels nearby but none really within walking distance. Cabs are expensive around here too. A cab ride to/from the airport will run you around $35.00 each way even though the airport is only 15 minutes away.

Members don't see this ad :)
for the ones going for an interview, did you apply as an early-applicant or regular applicant?

I have a questions for those who had an interview at Nova. What is the TOTAL time of your interview (3-5 hrs)???? I want to know because I need to book a ticket. Thanks in advance.

I asked nova how long the interview will be (im interviewing at West palm beach) and was told about 2 hrs (tour and interview). But it could be longer since you might not be first to interview at your scheduled time. Since i contacted them early, they said they'd make sure I interview 1st or 2nd to make the last flight back to NY. I would suggest you just call and tell them your situation. Also -- what do you guys plan on saying when they ask "Why nova?"

I have a questions for those who had an interview at Nova. What is the TOTAL time of your interview (3-5 hrs)???? I want to know because I need to book a ticket. Thanks in advance.

if you are gonna interview at the main campus, it may only be about 2 hours or so, when i had it it started at around 130pm and ended at 3ish and i was the last one to interview. each group consist of about 5 students

I asked nova how long the interview will be (im interviewing at West palm beach) and was told about 2 hrs (tour and interview). But it could be longer since you might not be first to interview at your scheduled time. Since i contacted them early, they said they'd make sure I interview 1st or 2nd to make the last flight back to NY. I would suggest you just call and tell them your situation. Also -- what do you guys plan on saying when they ask "Why nova?"

there is a bunch of reasons on why you would choose Nova, just dont mention location as your primary choice. it doesnt help really (although i did say that in my interview)
if you want, pm me with your reason about why nova and i can try to help. also are you from FL or not( as it relates to the why nova question too). im from CA and im gonna attend there this fall so i can try to answer any questions you may have

just posted in another thread, but i have an interview at Nova on Jan. 17th

Which campus? West Palm Beach?

I'm interviewing at west palm beach campus.

Hi, you may be in luck. I am originally from two miles from the WPB campus. It is very small, and just one building connected to the ABC news affiliate for West Palm Beach - Ft. Pierce, FL.

There are a few classrooms, an auditorium, and well that is about it.

It is fine for people who live in the area, since they do not have to make the impossible commute to Davie.

If you live north, in Martin County, you can get cheaper rent, as South Florida is very expensive.

So I would recommend looking at Jupiter, FL - Stuart, FL, for cheaper rent.

Did you people apply to WPB instead of Ft. Lauderdale because you are in the area (northern palm beach county - martin county)?

One more thing, there is the Gardens Mall, and a swanky shopping area called Downtown, near there an a Chili's, and a Publix to shop on Military Trail, Exit 80-something off of I-95.

The school campus is located off of PGA Boulevard, about 10 miles north of the airport.