Dismiss Notice
Last chance to give your feedback! Fill out the 2019 SDN Member Survey to let us know what's important to you (and win prizes!)

NOVA interview

Discussion in 'Pre-Optometry' started by EuesRUs, Feb 14, 2007.

1. EuesRUs

EuesRUs EuesRUs
    2+ Year Member

Pre-Optometry
    I have my interview for NOVA in a week and I'm just wondering if anyone has gotten rejected there after they interviewed. I know if you get called for an interview at UHCO you are pretty much in but does anyone know how it works for NOVA??? I really want to get in there so any feedback would help..thanks!

2. fonziefonz

7+ Year Member

Well I don't know about everyone else, but I got in after my interview.

3. Subiedubie

Subiedubie Junior Member
    5+ Year Member

Pre-Optometry
    I also interviewed at Nova and was accepted. I think Nova is one of those schools that accept a majority of those interviewed. When I interviewed there, one applicant asked the assistant dean how many applicants are interviewed every year. The assistant dean replied that of the 750 students who apply, 211 interview.

I'm not sure if that figure is an average, or if it was based on last year's applicants. He didn't mention how many of those interviewed are actually accepted but if you check http://www.opted.org/profiles.pdf you could get a good estimate.

4. chrissystar

2+ Year Member

Pre-Optometry
    hey,. when is your interview? mine is feb 22nd!

5. chrissystar

2+ Year Member

Pre-Optometry
    and just wondering... what did u guys all wear to the NOVA interview? Is it too hot to wear a suit? hehe

6. fonziefonz

7+ Year Member

You gotta dress to impress.

7. chrissystar

2+ Year Member

Pre-Optometry
    yup i will..

are we allowed to bring someone with us to the interview..

i mean, to the tour, etc....

i dont have any information so i am completely clueless as to what is going on...

8. Subiedubie

Subiedubie Junior Member
    5+ Year Member

Pre-Optometry
    I'm actually not sure about bringing guests. Nobody from my interview group brought any guests along, but call the school and ask them if this is okay. I'm sure they'll encourage you to bring a guest.

9. fonziefonz

7+ Year Member

Sure you can. I brought my dad!

10. OP
    OP
    EuesRUs

EuesRUs EuesRUs
    2+ Year Member

Pre-Optometry
    Mine is the 22nd as well!!

11. flurudha

2+ Year Member

Pre-Optometry
    My interview at nova was on feb. 12 Two of the 4 girls interviewing that day brought their mothers with them and everyone was fine with it.
    I also asked Fran about how many people are going to be interviewed from the 700+ total applicants and she said that it looks like an average of 300 will be interviewed this year.. I guess it is different every year.

As far as what to wear.. I wore a skirt-suit. The facilities are air-conditioned so don't worry, you won't be sweating :)

Good luck to all of you and don't be nervous, if you got an interview you are almost accepted :) Also, everyone there is so nice.. you will see.

12. chrissystar

2+ Year Member

Pre-Optometry
    thx!!!

so you have already been accepted right? do you plan on attending NOVA?

I heard today that NOVA's board exams are a little different. Im not too sure, but an optometrist was trying to explain it to me today...

something about optometry in FLorida is its own little thing...

anyone know anything?

13. chrissystar

2+ Year Member

Pre-Optometry

HAHA no way!

I guess I will see you there!

What time is your interview? I dont know when mine is, Fran is supposed to get back to me

14. mthomas2

mthomas2 Member
    5+ Year Member

Pre-Optometry
    Congrats to those who have an interview with Nova coming up. Relax because you'll do fine. Fran is so friendly. She will make you feel very comfortable. As far as what to wear. I wore a women's pant suit and it was a humid, rainy, hot day. However, you'll be inside the entire time and it's cold.Typical itinerary: interview first with 2 professors(if your interview is scheduled for the morning, otherwise this will be at the end for those scheduled in the afternoon), meet with financial aid, lunch with the asst. Dean, and lastly a tour of the school by students. Good Luck!