Nova Interviewees: Important Question!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

La Miraflorina

Dental Diva
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Did you all receieve any kind of itinerary before your interview? And did you get a confirmation of your interview?

I called to confirm my interview, got their voice mail, and left a message. I called two weeks later to make sure they'd gotten my message and got voice mail again. This time, I asked them to either email me or call me and let me know I was all set for my interview date. To this day, I've heard nothing from them. They haven't even sent me an itinerary for the day... So I don't know if I'm only supposed to show up for my 11am interview or if there are things planned in the morning.... or later in the afternoon...

:confused: :mad:

Members don't see this ad.

You will not receive an interview itinerayy. Just show up at the time they ask you to on the letter. You guys will eat lunch with some dental students (eat an AWESOME lunch, at that!), have a tour, a financial aid talk, and then the interviews will begin. Good Luck!

La Miraflorina said:
Did you all receieve any kind of itinerary before your interview? And did you get a confirmation of your interview?

:mad:

After talking a couple of times with the staff of Nova dental school's adcom--I can safely say--they're right there with Case as my bottom two choices...
(hint: read my post in "rejection" thread)

Very rude, vague, and unprofessional people work there--just my opinion...

Members don't see this ad :)
La Miraflorina said:

:mad:

After talking a couple of times with the staff of Nova dental school's adcom--I can safely say--they're right there with Case as my bottom two choices...

La Miraflorina said:

I called to confirm my interview, got their voice mail, and left a message. I called two weeks later to make sure they'd gotten my message and got voice mail again. This time, I asked them to either email me or call me and let me know I was all set for my interview date. To this day, I've heard nothing from them. They haven't even sent me an itinerary for the day... So I don't know if I'm only supposed to show up for my 11am interview or if there are things planned in the morning.... or later in the afternoon...

:confused: :mad:

It happened to me too. I interviewed there in Sep. I too couldn't get anyone on the phone. I called them 3 times a day everyday for two weeks, left a few messages, never got anything back. I finally confirmed my date like 3 business days before the interview.

I received a letter telling me to show up around 11:45am. And actually that's the begining of the entire day. About nine students total show up before lunch, and we had a tour, lunch with students, then went back to the admissions office around 1pm. Then it began the interviews. Ladies first, 30 mins each.

good luck :)

Catfish said:
It happened to me too. I interviewed there in Sep. I too couldn't get anyone on the phone. I called them 3 times a day everyday for two weeks, left a few messages, never got anything back. I finally confirmed my date like 3 business days before the interview.

I received a letter telling me to show up around 11:45am. And actually that's the begining of the entire day. About nine students total show up before lunch, and we had a tour, lunch with students, then went back to the admissions office around 1pm. Then it began the interviews. Ladies first, 30 mins each.

good luck :)

Hmmmmmmm... So I guess my interview is on even though I've heard jack from them.

I must say, their adcom is the worst that I've dealt with yet. But thanks guys for letting me know.

Good Luck to all of you :luck:
Dec 1st is just around the corner!

grmaster1 said:

Why is Case at your bottom 2? From my experience with them, they have been the most friendly and helpful, plus their facilities are great. Just wondering if you've had a similar experience with Case as you have had with Nova. It's good to know I'm not the only one that has called Nova 10 times and never gets through.

mccarth2 said:
Why is Case at your bottom 2?

I'll just "cut'n'paste..."

Here's one for youse guys to laugh at--I received a rejection letter in the mail from Case in September (they didn't have my DAT yet)...

Called them in October, after taking the DAT, and asked them why I was denied admission without the scores.

Punchline: they mixed my file with somebody else's (someone with the same last name--chances of that in US are 1 in 300000000!).

Anyway, I got an interview invite from them a few weeks ago!

Should I go? Would you?

What a 4ucked up process is this application game...

Nova is a pretty school, but I don't know too much about their program, the fact that they are a young school is exciting, but could be a setback. I interview there Dec 8th and have been calling and calling to confirm and just get that voice mail, of the dean of admissions lady. I wonder if their phone lines are still down out there after the hurricaines...

dexadental said:
I interview there Dec 8th and have been calling and calling to confirm and just get that voice mail, of the dean of admissions lady. I wonder if their phone lines are still down out there after the hurricaines...

:laugh:

No man, I've been having the same "response" (or lack thereof) since late August, when they notified me of my interview. And I can assure you that their phones are working just fine. I live just 10 minutes away and life has been pretty much back to normal for the last week and a half with the exception of no cable tv!

La Miraflorina said:
:laugh:

No man, I've been having the same "response" (or lack thereof) since late August, when they notified me of my interview. And I can assure you that their phones are working just fine. I live just 10 minutes away and life has been pretty much back to normal for the last week and a half with the exception of no cable tv!

ahhhhhhh!!!!! The insanity!!!!!!!!

at least you all are getting interviews. i got an envelope from them a couple of days ago and i was hoping that it was an interview invitation. turns out it was just another secondary application. :mad: i already filled out one of these! what gives?

grmaster1 said:

Wow it's wierd to see others' comments. I liked both Case and Nova. And I actually hope I end up at Nova. and I have called Nova a few times and talked to someone everytime.

tinman831 said:
at least you all are getting interviews. i got an envelope from them a couple of days ago and i was hoping that it was an interview invitation. turns out it was just another secondary application. :mad: i already filled out one of these! what gives?

I also got another secondary in the mail, a month after i sent in the first one they sent me!!! :confused: :confused: Not organized... :scared: Maybe they meant to send me an interview invitation instead :laugh: