Nova KPCOM v.s WCUCOM

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

nanabearMD

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys,
I have been lucky to get accepted to both WCUCOM and NOVA-KPCOM and I would appreciate any input to help me decide between the two. I'm not interested in doing primary care medicine, Im hoping to do something more competitive like internal medicine or something, so I'm leaning more towards Nova because their matching is more competitive compared to WCUCOM. The cost at Nova is 60k annually and it's 40k at WCUCOM, so there is a HUGE difference in tuition and I wanted to know if attending and graduating Nova is worth the higher tuition? Does Nova offer better rotation opportunities?

Thanks in advance!

Members don't see this ad.

Hey guys,
I have been lucky to get accepted to both WCUCOM and NOVA-KPCOM and I would appreciate any input to help me decide between the two. I'm not interested in doing primary care medicine, Im hoping to do something more competitive like internal medicine or something, so I'm leaning more towards Nova because their matching is more competitive compared to WCUCOM. The cost at Nova is 60k annually and it's 40k at WCUCOM, so there is a HUGE difference in tuition and I wanted to know if attending and graduating Nova is worth the higher tuition? Does Nova offer better rotation opportunities?

Thanks in advance!
Internal medicine is a “primary care” residency and is very attainable from anywhere.

I’m about to graduate from Nova. I had excellent clinical training. Nova has a lot of great sites, and a few people don’t like. However, I don’t know how that’s going to be going forward, with the addition of all the students from the Tampa bay campus. Maybe some current M2s could let you know how the sites are now.

Internal medicine is a “primary care” residency and is very attainable from anywhere.

I’m about to graduate from Nova. I had excellent clinical training. Nova has a lot of great sites, and a few people don’t like. However, I don’t know how that’s going to be going forward, with the addition of all the students from the Tampa bay campus. Maybe some current M2s could let you know how the sites are now

I’m about to graduate from Nova. I had excellent clinical training. Nova has a lot of great sites, and a few people don’t like. However, I don’t know how that’s going to be going forward, with the addition of all the students from the Tampa bay campus. Maybe some current M2s could let you know how the sites are now.
Thanks for your input, can I dm you to ask you a few questions about Nova?

Nova’s rep has gone down in recent years but I still think the clinical sites and location make it better than WCU.