NOVA, NYU or Ohio state

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

flower123

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
So the time is getting very close to making a decision!! Any input would be appreciated. I am deciding between NOVA, NYU and ohio state (not an instate school). I was wondering if ppl can give pros and cons for each school and perhaps the tuition (couldn't find it for nova). I am just very confused right now and need to make a decision asap. I sort of want to live in New York but not sure if the tuition is worth it.

Thank You

Members don't see this ad.

So the time is getting very close to making a decision!! Any input would be appreciated. I am deciding between NOVA, NYU and ohio state (not an instate school). I was wondering if ppl can give pros and cons for each school and perhaps the tuition (couldn't find it for nova). I am just very confused right now and need to make a decision asap. I sort of want to live in New York but not sure if the tuition is worth it.

Thank You

If your heart is with NYU and living in New York city then go for it. When you become a dentist stability will be a crucial factor in your success and because of that it won't be easy to move around and experience living in different cities. So i would say now that you have the chance to pursue your dream AND live in the city you really like at the same time, then TAKE IT.

I personally believe that state schools are overall ( not considering tuition) better than private schools because of the type of people you meet there, more influential connections that you"ll make, and all the funding that they get.

Members don't see this ad :)
Unless you really want to live somewhere warm (Nova) or in NYC (NYU) I would say hands down OSU. You will find plenty of threads about each school. I think what it comes down to is where you would be happy. Personally, I think living in NYC is worth it, especially at our age when we have the opportunity to pick wherever we want to live essentially.

bump
No one mentioned NOVA? What if you had to pick between NOVA and NYU which is a better school?

bump
No one mentioned NOVA? What if you had to pick between NOVA and NYU which is a better school?

since it seems that price is not an issue for you, i would say NYU because it is a very well established school and they have been doing it there for more than hundred years. It is also a good school if you want to specialize.

since it seems that price is not an issue for you, i would say NYU because it is a very well established school and they have been doing it there for more than hundred years. It is also a good school if you want to specialize.

I concur. Between NYU and Nova I would pick NYU.

why would u all pick nyu over nova? have you been to both schools to judge or are you just basing your decision on the fact that nyu has been around longer? cuz if that's the case then i do believe you have to get your decision making abilities checked out!

why would u all pick nyu over nova? have you been to both schools to judge or are you just basing your decision on the fact that nyu has been around longer? cuz if that's the case then i do believe you have to get your decision making abilities checked out!

Yeah, that is the sole factor in my decision.

bump

Um i had that decision a few years ago, and I chose Nova.... Although I doubt NYU is much different... the clinic here at Nova is messed up and everyone is worried about graduating on time... but it may be fixed by the time you get to clinic

I still haven't decided yet. Now its between Nyu, Nova, Ohio and Stony brook. So just trying to figure it out.

how long do you have to decide??