NOVA OR UAB

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

hellok111

Reaction score
I would like some input on two programs I am between. I am between UAB and NSU. My parents are moving to FL however I will not get instate FL tuition because they have not lived there long enough. Both programs are great just different areas. I got a scholarship at UAB but it still makes about both schools the same price, so I cannot go off of that. I even looked into housing and it still would not be a big difference. I eventually want to practice in the south and both were recently renovated, are part of medical and health professional campuses. Does anyone know anything extra about both these programs that I have maybe failed to consider? I am at a crossroads and both deposits are due this month. Thank you in advance!

Members don't see this ad.

I didn't apply to UAB, but something you may want to consider is class size! UAB has a class size of around 45 and nova is about 100. With a smaller cohort, you may get a more individualized experience and education. I worked with two that went to both UAB and nova, they're both great doctors and went on to do the same residency program as well. When I asked if they could go back and choose a different school, they both said they would stay at the same school! good luck :)

Reactions: 1 user
Also coming from someone with personal experience, don’t go to Nova... just don’t.

Members don't see this ad :)