NOVA or UIWRSO for job outlook?

This forum made possible through the generous support of
SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

futureod2014

New Member
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hello OD's,
I have been accepted into NOVA southeastern and UIWRSO (San Antonio). I live in texas though, so I feel as though SA is a better choice because it's closer to home, but I know NOVA is a great school. What do you guys think? As far as jobs are concerned is it harder to find a job graduating from UIWRSO?
 
I don't think so. they just care if you are license OD in that state. Im a recent grad from NOVA(2013). Was from Houston but wasn't sure about san antonio in 2009. they were pre approve accredited. so I went for the sure thing at NOVA. in the end i will say go where its cheaper. I think all school are good, it all depends on what you get of out of your studies and how confident your are when you are out working.
 
Last edited:
I really think job outlook in Optometry is much less dependent on where you went to school than it might be for other professions.