1. The SDN iPhone App is back and free through November! Get it today and please post a review on the App Store!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice
  3. Guest, be sure to check out How To Get Into Dental School, our free downloadable PDF with step-by-step details for dental school applicants!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

NOVA- please help

Discussion in 'Pre-Dental' started by dent0317034490, Dec 3, 2008.

1. i just wanted to know the pros and cons about nova?
    I mean i love the weather and the beach. can't beat that but any other pros and cons about nova???
    If current dental students at Nova are able to respond that'll be great but any feed back will be helpful! thanks!:)

#1 dent0317034490, Dec 3, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 3, 2008
  2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. Plopper

Plopper "This too will pass"
    5+ Year Member

Dental Student
    bump for watching this

only con i have is ranked vs p/f and cost, otherwise i loved it when i interviewed there

any current students? btizzels? wanna jump in?

4. nova is p/f??? i guess i zoned out in that part of the interview. i just know that it will suck to have someone tell you to come to class and if u dont u get punished hah but the facility and everything is so new that it's great!
    do you know ne thing about teh chair problem? when we talked to the students about it they said it was no problem. but i just want to know the truth... i mean everywhere you go u'll have chair problems but how bad is it? or if its not even that bad. like are you able to finish your requirements for graduation?

5. DrReo

DrReo "Thread Necromancer"
    10+ Year Member

Academic Administration
    Nova is on a percent system of ranking. I think he was upset that it wasn't PF.

6. Plopper

5+ Year Member

Dental Student
    not upset, it's not a show stopper, it would be nice though

7. Plopper

5+ Year Member

Dental Student
    i talked to btizzels, and he said that it really isn't a problem, and the dental student i asked there said he had never had a problem. and btizzels said they are probably going to add more chairs too

8. oh really? yeah when i talked to students thats what they told me but i didnt' know if they were like suppose to say they "love it here" and that "oh we have no problems with chair"

i was just wondering does the school provide labtops?

9. trukini

2+ Year Member

Pre-Dental

The laptop thing is a scam... They will give you a laptop that you have to pay top price for it in your tuition.
    Someone in there has a sweet contract with a relative or something to impose their laptops and of course the price...

What is that? let me buy my laptop whatever color, model, size I want.

not cool. :(

10. Plopper

5+ Year Member

Dental Student
    but don't they have like some massive warranty, so like if you drop it down the stairs you can go get another? or was that maryland?

11. btizzels

btizzels San Diego ->Ft Lauderdale
    2+ Year Member

Dental Student
    We have a 4 year "bumper to bumper" warrantee on them for everything except the batteries :( Yeah it kinda sucks that they make you buy them, and I guess I would care more but I am on a scholarship so i didn't actually pay for it. BTW this year they went with tablets, they sounds cool and all but we have had a ton of problems with them. Probably not Dell's fault but Vista and Dell's software for tablets don't seem to work together very well.

12. Plopper

5+ Year Member

Dental Student
    btizzels, scholarship?? did nova give it to you? do you mind elaborating? 9its ok if you don't want to)

13. Habslive

2+ Year Member

Dental Student
    Heading down to Nova for an interview on Jan. 16. I've never had an interview before. I wouldn't say I'm NERVOUS but I just want to be 100% sure I'm preparing in the right way.

Can anyone describe the interview process at Nova?

I think I'm just plain excited to be honest as opposed to nervous.

Thanks in advance.

14. Plopper

5+ Year Member

Dental Student
    chicks dig confidence...same as dental school

15. DrReo

DrReo "Thread Necromancer"
    10+ Year Member

Academic Administration
    Did you give a tour back in october, and are you in the Army (I believe) HSPS?

Your class president is hilarious!

16. btizzels

btizzels San Diego ->Ft Lauderdale
    2+ Year Member

Dental Student
    Yeah i gave an interview back in October, but i am Navy HPSP. You might have had my buddy who is army give you the tour instead. Yeah our class president is a character.