NOVA- please help

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
D

dent0317034490

i just wanted to know the pros and cons about nova?
I mean i love the weather and the beach. can't beat that but any other pros and cons about nova???
If current dental students at Nova are able to respond that'll be great but any feed back will be helpful! thanks!:)

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited by a moderator:
bump for watching this

only con i have is ranked vs p/f and cost, otherwise i loved it when i interviewed there

any current students? btizzels? wanna jump in?

Members don't see this ad :)
nova is p/f??? i guess i zoned out in that part of the interview. i just know that it will suck to have someone tell you to come to class and if u dont u get punished hah but the facility and everything is so new that it's great!
do you know ne thing about teh chair problem? when we talked to the students about it they said it was no problem. but i just want to know the truth... i mean everywhere you go u'll have chair problems but how bad is it? or if its not even that bad. like are you able to finish your requirements for graduation?

nova is p/f??? i guess i zoned out in that part of the interview. i just know that it will suck to have someone tell you to come to class and if u dont u get punished hah but the facility and everything is so new that it's great!
do you know ne thing about teh chair problem? when we talked to the students about it they said it was no problem. but i just want to know the truth... i mean everywhere you go u'll have chair problems but how bad is it? or if its not even that bad. like are you able to finish your requirements for graduation?
Nova is on a percent system of ranking. I think he was upset that it wasn't PF.

Nova is on a percent system of ranking. I think he was upset that it wasn't PF.
not upset, it's not a show stopper, it would be nice though

i talked to btizzels, and he said that it really isn't a problem, and the dental student i asked there said he had never had a problem. and btizzels said they are probably going to add more chairs too

oh really? yeah when i talked to students thats what they told me but i didnt' know if they were like suppose to say they "love it here" and that "oh we have no problems with chair"

i was just wondering does the school provide labtops?

oh really? yeah when i talked to students thats what they told me but i didnt' know if they were like suppose to say they "love it here" and that "oh we have no problems with chair"

i was just wondering does the school provide labtops?

The laptop thing is a scam... They will give you a laptop that you have to pay top price for it in your tuition.
Someone in there has a sweet contract with a relative or something to impose their laptops and of course the price...

What is that? let me buy my laptop whatever color, model, size I want.

not cool. :(

The laptop thing is a scam... They will give you a laptop that you have to pay top price for it in your tuition.
Someone in there has a sweet contract with a relative or something to impose their laptops and of course the price...

What is that? let me buy my laptop whatever color, model, size I want.

not cool. :(
but don't they have like some massive warranty, so like if you drop it down the stairs you can go get another? or was that maryland?

but don't they have like some massive warranty, so like if you drop it down the stairs you can go get another? or was that maryland?

We have a 4 year "bumper to bumper" warrantee on them for everything except the batteries :( Yeah it kinda sucks that they make you buy them, and I guess I would care more but I am on a scholarship so i didn't actually pay for it. BTW this year they went with tablets, they sounds cool and all but we have had a ton of problems with them. Probably not Dell's fault but Vista and Dell's software for tablets don't seem to work together very well.

btizzels, scholarship?? did nova give it to you? do you mind elaborating? 9its ok if you don't want to)

Heading down to Nova for an interview on Jan. 16. I've never had an interview before. I wouldn't say I'm NERVOUS but I just want to be 100% sure I'm preparing in the right way.

Can anyone describe the interview process at Nova?

I think I'm just plain excited to be honest as opposed to nervous.

Thanks in advance.

chicks dig confidence...same as dental school

We have a 4 year "bumper to bumper" warrantee on them for everything except the batteries :( Yeah it kinda sucks that they make you buy them, and I guess I would care more but I am on a scholarship so i didn't actually pay for it. BTW this year they went with tablets, they sounds cool and all but we have had a ton of problems with them. Probably not Dell's fault but Vista and Dell's software for tablets don't seem to work together very well.

Did you give a tour back in october, and are you in the Army (I believe) HSPS?

Your class president is hilarious!

Did you give a tour back in october, and are you in the Army (I believe) HSPS?

Your class president is hilarious!

Yeah i gave an interview back in October, but i am Navy HPSP. You might have had my buddy who is army give you the tour instead. Yeah our class president is a character.