NOVA Question regarding DAT Scores

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Jeremy713

J713
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, I sent in my AADSAS application and it was sent out on July 2nd, however recently, I decided I wanted to apply to NOVA as well. So, AADSAS says they will be sending out this one on 8/17. The reason I want to apply to NOVA, and I hope to include this in my additional information section when I turn in my secondary, is because my dad and his fiance will probably be moving to the Delray Beach, Boca Raton area within the next year or two.

I am hoping that this bit of information will increase my chances.

Firstly, I was wondering if you guys thought this is too late now given that they have already given a lot of interview spots out.
Secondly, I don't know how my DAT scores will stack up compared to other people with stronger scores, especially since I am out of state.

Bio 21
Ochem 19
Gen Chem 18
TS 19
PAT 20
RC 18
QR 15

I know my science scores are somewhat strong, but the QR is hurting me, I am sure they don't look at that very much anyway.
They have a decent amount of spots for out of state applicants I believe

Thanks for the input and feedback, I appreciate it in advance!

Jeremy

Members don't see this ad.

I think youll be alright, My QR was 16 and i have an interview there so i wouldn't be too concerned but I have heard conflicting stories about automatic cutoffs of anything lower then a 16. Someone said admissions said that but then someone came on and said their friend got accepted last year with a 14 QR so who knows.

Hey guys, I sent in my AADSAS application and it was sent out on July 2nd, however recently, I decided I wanted to apply to NOVA as well. So, AADSAS says they will be sending out this one on 8/17. The reason I want to apply to NOVA, and I hope to include this in my additional information section when I turn in my secondary, is because my dad and his fiance will probably be moving to the Delray Beach, Boca Raton area within the next year or two.

I am hoping that this bit of information will increase my chances.

Firstly, I was wondering if you guys thought this is too late now given that they have already given a lot of interview spots out.
Secondly, I don't know how my DAT scores will stack up compared to other people with stronger scores, especially since I am out of state.

Bio 21
Ochem 19
Gen Chem 18
TS 19
PAT 20
RC 18
QR 15

I know my science scores are somewhat strong, but the QR is hurting me, I am sure they don't look at that very much anyway.
They have a decent amount of spots for out of state applicants I believe

Thanks for the input and feedback, I appreciate it in advance!

Jeremy

I have very similar scores to you (except I got a 14 on the QR:eek:) and will want to apply to NOVA for nearly the same reason as you. Funny how small the world is haha

Members don't see this ad :)
I have heard on this forum that NOVA does not interview anybody who made a 15 or less in QR, but I don't think that is true b/c there have also been others who have gotten interviews with 15 QR. Also, doc toothache recently started a thread on rankings of DAT and other criteria by dental schools. What is interesting is that under NOVA, QR is listed as a 4, meaning it is not an important criterion in determining your eligibility for interviews.

http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?t=657139

What is your AA?

Nova has already filled up their pre-December interview spots.