Nova Rumor (Reference to an Email)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

MossPoh

Textures intrigue me
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
So, I want to know if anyone has heard this rumor about a dual MD/DO program, which makes NO sense to me at all. I'm not trying to get flamed here. It is in reference to an email sent out to my friend from FSU. I'll post the excerpt and you can decide.

"MAPS will have a personal statement workshop on 4/19 from 6-7pm; following the workshop will be Nova Southeastern University Medical School. Come learn about their new dual M.D. and D.O. degree AND Dental program. The meeting will be from 7pm-8pm on Thursday, April 19th."

I don't know whether this was actually intended, or if it was just a typo/misunderstanding. I feel like I'm on those Apple rumor sites where people scour for the slightest hint of information. I could not find ANYTHING on the website, nor news announcements in general about it. I don't feel like this is some secret experiment, and I highly doubt they made every NOVA student sign NDAs.....anyone hear anything about this?

Members don't see this ad.

So, I want to know if anyone has heard this rumor about a dual MD/DO program, which makes NO sense to me at all. I'm not trying to get flamed here. It is in reference to an email sent out to my friend from FSU. I'll post the excerpt and you can decide.

"MAPS will have a personal statement workshop on 4/19 from 6-7pm; following the workshop will be Nova Southeastern University Medical School. Come learn about their new dual M.D. and D.O. degree AND Dental program. The meeting will be from 7pm-8pm on Thursday, April 19th."

I don't know whether this was actually intended, or if it was just a typo/misunderstanding. I feel like I'm on those Apple rumor sites where people scour for the slightest hint of information. I could not find ANYTHING on the website, nor news announcements in general about it. I don't feel like this is some secret experiment, and I highly doubt they made every NOVA student sign NDAs.....anyone hear anything about this?

Seems more logical to me that it is a dual do/dental program.

Or could it be a new D.O./PhD program?

Members don't see this ad :)
It's a dual D.O./D.M.D. degree. Apparently they started this because some student already did it so he could practice as a physician and dentist somewhere in South America....

Sounds like a great program. Do you happen to know the length of study?

In case I turn out to be a very bad doctor, I am interested in a dual DO/undertaker degree program.

Hmmmm. Interesting. So it is just poorly written! I am intrigued by that. I really like OMFS but I don't feel it is right to hinge everything on one speciality. Although, probably would be tough to get into....