Nova Southeastern DPT - questions

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

sskoloda

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Looking for a Nova Southeastern Fort Lauderdale DPT student. I have been recently accepted and have a few questions I was hoping a previous/current student could answer and provide feedback

Members don't see this ad.

I'm a second year at Nova, feel free to message me.

could you post your questions/answers here? I'm interested to know more about NOVA SE

Members don't see this ad :)
FYI - Got a rejection notice via snail mail for NOVA SE on 10/21 :( first rejection... doesn't feel so good!

FYI - Got a rejection notice via snail mail for NOVA SE on 10/21 :( first rejection... doesn't feel so good!
Do you mind sharing your stats? Also when did you submit your supplemental?

Reactions: 1 user
Do you mind sharing your stats? Also when did you submit your supplemental?

sure, so my undergrad GPA was 3.24 in Community Health and my self-reported prereq GPA through PTCAS is 2.99... so I'm not terribly surprised and won't be in future responses either, but I honestly didn't realize it was that low. I am currently taking A&P II with an A and PHY I with an A and will be taking PHY II in the spring..hoping 3 more As will help out

I believe I submitted on 9/28, they received everything on 10/2 and I received a response via snail mail on 10/21

I'm sure it was so quick because they were like LOL yeah right :smack:

sure, so my undergrad GPA was 3.24 in Community Health and my self-reported prereq GPA through PTCAS is 2.99... so I'm not terribly surprised and won't be in future responses either, but I honestly didn't realize it was that low. I am currently taking A&P II with an A and PHY I with an A and will be taking PHY II in the spring..hoping 3 more As will help out

I believe I submitted on 9/28, they received everything on 10/2 and I received a response via snail mail on 10/21

Unfortunately your application probably wasn't even looked at because you didn't meet the prereq GPA requirement of a 3.0, its very close but thats the cut off. School receive an insane amount of applications (even more so now since PTCAS has been put in to place, its so easy for applicants to just check off a bunch of schools rather than having to mail out directly to all schools etc) and because of that if you don't meet EVERY requirement they have to throw the application out because they have so many that DO meet all the requirements. As long as you do well in your remaining classes you should be able to pull it over a 3.0 and apply next year, but please check all requirements at all the school you apply to (every school is different) and if you don't meet a requirement do not apply because you are going to waste your money.

Best of luck.

Looking for a Nova Southeastern Fort Lauderdale DPT student. I have been recently accepted and have a few questions I was hoping a previous/current student could answer and provide feedback
Could you post your questions/answers? I was accepted a week ago but still know very little about the program.

What was your gre score?

I'm a second year at Nova, feel free to message me.
Could you tell me how you like the program? Ive been accepted but I'm from Pennsylvania and I'm kind of hesitant just because I'm not really familiar with the area. What made Nova stand out from other programs for you?

Could you tell me how you like the program? Ive been accepted but I'm from Pennsylvania and I'm kind of hesitant just because I'm not really familiar with the area. What made Nova stand out from other programs for you?

Congratulations! When did you get accepted?

Members don't see this ad :)
I got accepted on the 26th of September!

That's awesome. Did you have to write a committee review essay? Another person and I were talking about these and didn't know if it was a good sign or bad sign. I sent one in awhile back and still waiting to hear from them.

That's awesome. Did you have to write a committee review essay? Another person and I were talking about these and didn't know if it was a good sign or bad sign. I sent one in awhile back and still waiting to hear from them.
I didn't get anything about a committee review essay in my packet so I'm guessing no!

I did not apply early decision. So I was a little surprised as to why I heard back so early.
That is surprising! I've been submitted and verified for a while so I'm just waiting. It's a good sign that they send stuff out as applications come in though instead of waiting til their deadline.

Feel free to PM me any questions. I personally like the program and think they prepare you well for clinicals (currently out on my senior ones now). The area is nice, but expensive, you're close to the beach but not much else in terms of landscapes. There always something to do when you're not studying as its in South Florida. And as for why I attended, I got in and didn't want to stay in my home state.

Talked to someone from NSU admissions yesterday and they said they have no time table for sending out acceptances. As they come in, they look at the competitiveness of the application and decide to give acceptance or not. They just said applying early is the best bet.

Can I ask what the most common option is for housing? I just got accepted a few days ago and I am from Minnesota so I will need to make the most of the one (maybe two) opportunities I have to visit before May.