***** Nova Southeastern or Case Nova****

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

bruinbruin2009

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Nova:
Pros: Weather, <hot guys>
Cons: not enough chair

Case
Pros: have your own chair 3rd and 4th year
Cons: Weather

What should i do? I came from Arizona, i don't know if i can take the cold. But is the weather that much important.

Appreciate the help

Members don't see this ad.

Nova:
there is no surplus of chairs, but getting chairs isnt as bad as ppl say

case:
dear god cleveland sucks

but i think you need to realize that cleveland there is probably nothing to do when you have free time. except study. and lets be honest you aren't necessarily going out and sight seeing in fking cleveland. nova however, lots to do, lots to see...

Hey, why all the hating on Cleveland?

Believe me, Cleveland might not be the most happening city & its cold and rainy/snowy from November - March, but there is a surprising amount of stuff to do and see.

Right next to the Case campus, there's the Cleveland Museum of Art, the botanical gardens, and the natural history museum. Plus, downtown (10 min from campus) you've got the Indians, CAVS, and the Browns. Not to mention, the great restaurants and nightlife.

I have to admit I don't know much about Nova other than it's in Fort Lauderdale, but I would take ufhopeful's words with a grain of salt... to say the least.

Members don't see this ad :)
Nothing to do in cleveland :O...when I was there their gym was simply amazing. Considering half my time will be spent there, a nice gym = a pro :D

I agree Cleveland isn't that bad... but the food sucks here though..

Nothing to do in cleveland :O...when I was there their gym was simply amazing. Considering half my time will be spent there, a nice gym = a pro :D

Hey Colos, I think we interviewed at Case the same day. Congrats on the acceptance man! You think you're going to be attending Case?

Nova:
Pros: Weather, <hot guys>
Cons: not enough chair

Case
Pros: have your own chair 3rd and 4th year
Cons: Weather

What should i do? I came from Arizona, i don't know if i can take the cold. But is the weather that much important.

Appreciate the help

I am in a very similar dilemma between these two schools.

I do not think Cleveland is as bad as people say but there is no doubt that ft. laud is a wayy better place to spend the next four years. Given that I think you will get a good education at both schools so theres no bad decision to be made.
There are a couple things that really bother me about NOVA, however. I really do not like how there is a mandatory attendance policy. I have a friend who is attending right now who said that 3 absences is 5% off and 4 absences is a fail. I am the type of person who attends most lectures but chooses to prioritize my time to what I decide is best. I just don't like that I will be forced to go to class if I have an exam the next period.
My friend also tells me how he feels the school is run like a business, but I am sure most private schools are like this. Some may be better at hiding it then others.
The last issue is the commonly stated sharing of dental chairs.

I think both schools will give you a good education. Like I said earlier, I do not think there is a wrong decision to be made. I think you need to look into both schools in more depth to determine what things really matter to you more once you are in school. I know this is not easy because it is really hard to get peoples honest opinions as you will have one student who absolutely loves a school and one who hate it.

You have to remember that Nova was established in 1997, so it has more bumps compare to the established program.

Case dental was built in 1892.

I think you should choose a school that fit your personality. If you like hot guys in Nova like you stated, then go for it. If you want to concentrate more on education, then go to Case <a lot of people here are married+ weather sucks>.

Btw, i will be attending Case next year, i hope to see you there