Nova Southeastern University acceptance

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Backie

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello everybody who has applied to Nova. Could you please post your stats here and let us know when you hear from Nova. Thanks and all the best!

Part 1/part 2 : 86/not taken yet
Toefl:104
GPA: 3.84
Nationallity: Lithuanian
work experience/extra: 1 year as a dentist in Lithuania; 2 months as DA in
the states/some research back home
Applied: NSU
Interview: waiting :sleep:
acceptance: waiting :confused:
School choosen: just NSU :)

Members don't see this ad.

You must have some reasons for applying only to NSU.

Good luck

Yes, I do ;) Thanks!

Members don't see this ad :)
hey backie
i've applied to nsu too. waiting to hear from them. any idea when they will start sending interview calls?

hi,
I have also apllied to NSU
Nationality:Indian.
Part 1-87
GpA-3.5
Toefl-273
work experience-3 yrs back home.
I have a question for you did you send the official toefl score report or a photo copy? I did not recieve any call from them.all the best

Hello everybody who has applied to Nova. Could you please post your stats here and let us know when you hear from Nova. Thanks and all the best!

Part 1/part 2 : 86/not taken yet
Toefl:104
GPA: 3.84
Nationallity: Lithuanian
work experience/extra: 1 year as a dentist in Lithuania; 2 months as DA in
the states/some research back home
Applied: NSU
Interview: waiting :sleep:
acceptance: waiting :confused:
School choosen: just NSU :)

Hello there!
connaught: I've sent the official Toefl score report.
cdc_bds: I believe they should start calling for interviews in February because the deadline for the documents is Feb 15.
Good luck!

hey backie
i've applied to nsu too. waiting to hear from them. any idea when they will start sending interview calls?

Could you post your stats, please.

hi,
I have also apllied to NSU
Nationality:Indian.
Part 1-87
GpA-3.5
Toefl-273
work experience-3 yrs back home.
I have a question for you did you send the official toefl score report or a photo copy? I did not recieve any call from them.all the best
hello connaught,
i want to apply to NSU and i am also from india but now i am permanent resident of canada. according to their website they are saying send your transcript from your college from where you got your degree. i graduated about 6-7 years back and i don't know anybody there now. did you sent all your transcript from your college in india directly to NSU. Please reply soon i think deadline for this program is feb,15, 2008. Do you know how many seats do they have every year.

Just send them original transcripts in a sealed envelop.They have 22 seats.

Just send them original transcripts in a sealed envelop.They have 22 seats.
you mean all four years original detailed mark sheets,
i also have one more question, for evaluation from WES all we need to have send photocopies of all documents for example, photocopy of degree and photocopy of all four years detailed mark sheets. help will be appreciated.

hi backie u there,

thanks a lot for the reply,keep it posted if there is any development,do they prefer only florida residents?plz let me know abt it.

Hello there!
connaught: I've sent the official Toefl score report.
cdc_bds: I believe they should start calling for interviews in February because the deadline for the documents is Feb 15.
Good luck!

hi i had official transcripts and i have send those ,i brought extra copies from india.

you mean all four years original detailed mark sheets,
i also have one more question, for evaluation from WES all we need to have send photocopies of all documents for example, photocopy of degree and photocopy of all four years detailed mark sheets. help will be appreciated.

hi backie u there,

thanks a lot for the reply,keep it posted if there is any development,do they prefer only florida residents?plz let me know abt it.

No, there is no preferens for Florida residents.

Members don't see this ad :)
I usually call this lady, Michelle at NOVA and responds well regarding admissions , but starting january she doesn't respond at all...

should you guys want to try calling her , check this number at Nova admissions office...954-262-1839

akg

did u hear any thing regarding your application whether it is complete or not...did yo call them up?:)

Actually I'm worried about it because I got the e-mails saying that they received my ece evaluation, board and toefl scores but not the application and recommendation letters even though I took them there myself. I'm planning on going to Nova next week and asking them if everything is ok with my application. Also I will ask when we're going to hear from them if we're chosen for the interview.
I'll let you know guys.
Have a good weekend!

Actually I'm worried about it because I got the e-mails saying that they received my ece evaluation, board and toefl scores but not the application and recommendation letters even though I took them there myself. I'm planning on going to Nova next week and asking them if everything is ok with my application. Also I will ask when we're going to hear from them if we're chosen for the interview.
I'll let you know guys.
Have a good weekend!

Do you know whether the dds program at nova sotheastern univ is only for U.S pemanent residents/green card holders or someone with any other kind of viza can also apply for it?
please reply.
Thanks

Do you know whether the dds program at nova sotheastern univ is only for U.S pemanent residents/green card holders or someone with any other kind of viza can also apply for it?
please reply.
Thanks

Hi
I'm not sure about that. You can try to call and ask them about it:
Phone: (954) 262-1101 or 800-356-0026, ext. 1101. Good luck!

This program is for any body who has valid visa....

thanks for the info.. i appreciate it..:)

hey...can anyone tell me is it a 2 yr or a 3 yr course...???

I just came back from Nova. The lady said that they still hadn't started looking at the applications. So most probably they will do it only after Feb 15.

thanks for the input backie did they whether your application is complete or not.

I just came back from Nova. The lady said that they still hadn't started looking at the applications. So most probably they will do it only after Feb 15.

thanks for the input backie did they whether your application is complete or not.

Yes it's complete, thank you :) I think there was some confusion with my last names because I applied with my new last name and all my scores were made out to my maiden name.

did you get any email that ur application is complete i did not get though plz let me know if you got any email regarding ur completion of application.

Yes it's complete, thank you :) I think there was some confusion with my last names because I applied with my new last name and all my scores were made out to my maiden name.

did you get any email that ur application is complete i did not get though plz let me know if you got any email regarding ur completion of application.

No, I still haven't received an email saying that my application is complete. I guess I must just trust the lady who said it was complete.

hello guys,
I have applied to Nova too, and i spoke to a Ms Michelle too... I called Nova yesterday after about 2 months..
And i havent gotten through to anyone..
When I spoke to Michelle in November she said my application is complete..
But like eveyone else I havent got no email from them..
Glad to see people discussing Nova.. been waiting for this thread for some time now..:)
Backie.. when u visited Nova, did they say they havent started viewing applications yet?

hey backie, read ur previous post... so they havent started checking yet..
hmmm anybody have an idea when the interviews are scheduled or when they conduct the bench test?

did anybody received any e-mail regarding apply for the loan application from NSU the office of student fianance services and registration. first I received e-mail about a week ago saying that they have received my application and documents and now after one week i received an e-mail saying apply for the loan early. what does that mean?. I have one more question that I am not permanent resident or citizen of USA but I hold only visitors visa(B2). can i apply for any other type of loan other than FAFSA because i am not eligible to apply for FAFSA.can anybody help in this matter.

hey santy,i think i u can get loan from private lenders with a citizen to co-sign ur loan...
correct me if m wrong...

hey santy,i think i u can get loan from private lenders with a citizen to co-sign ur loan...
correct me if m wrong...
yes bro, that's true anybody can get loan approval from private lender with two good credit history co-signers(US citizen or permanent residents of US).

Hello everyone
I'd like to update you guys with Nova's admission process. Today I went to the school and met dr.Lippman. He said that he had finished with the applications and the rejection letters were sent today.So if you don't get the letter this week it means you're one of the lucky ones:) I know I'll get the rejection letter myself because as I thought the mistake with my last names wasn't fixed and I was in ''2 persons'' with incomplete applications. But thanks to dr.Lippman he fixed this mistake and I still have a chance...
So the next step will be the Bench test.The lucky ones will get the instructions about the test and will have to pay for it. The interview will be on the same day as the Bench exam.
Good luck to everyone and let us all know when you here from Nova.

So when do we get the invitations?Did they tell u that? and will they mail us ,email or call us???

No, he didn't tell me when we get the invitations.I believe they will send a letter by mail.
I've been trying to reach Michelle at the admissions office all day long but no luck...I'll call her tomorrow again and ask for more info.

So when do we get the invitations?Did they tell u that? and will they mail us ,email or call us???

No, he didn't tell me when we get the invitations.I believe they will send a letter by mail.
I've been trying to reach Michelle at the admissions office all day long but no luck...I'll call her tomorrow again and ask for more info.

hi there,

Even i applied to nova last month and received an email on 21 & 22 feb regarding documents received. But after that got no email informing about the application completion.I was wondering whether they email us the application status or tell on phone?? Does anyone has any idea!!

I also didn't get the email saying that my application was complete and now it appeared that there was their mistake and they had it incomplete. I'd advice you to call Michelle at the admissions office and ask about your application. The phone number is 954 262 1839.

hi there,

Even i applied to nova last month and received an email on 21 & 22 feb regarding documents received. But after that got no email informing about the application completion.I was wondering whether they email us the application status or tell on phone?? Does anyone has any idea!!

Just got a letter from Nova saying that I was chosen for the Bench exam!It doesn't mean that they will accept me but I'm very happy :)
This exam will be in April 25-26th.
I wish you guys to hear the good news soon too:)

hi!
congratulations,
did u get an email or postal mail ? if it was postal mail can u please tell me which date it was posted.

Regards.

Just got a letter from Nova saying that I was chosen for the Bench exam!It doesn't mean that they will accept me but I'm very happy :)

It was a postal mail sent yesterday March 5th.

hi!
congratulations,
did u get an email or postal mail ? if it was postal mail can u please tell me which date it was posted.

Regards.

Thanks for the info blackie..i will call michelle tomorrow morning and ask my application status..once again congratulations and good luck for the bench exam. Do you have any idea whether they are sending rejection letters as well at the same time?

thanks

Yes, dr.Lippman said they started sending rejection letters from Monday and I thought I'd get one myself because my application was incomplete by their mistake...However, luckily I got a much better letter :)
Good luck

Thanks for the info blackie..i will call michelle tomorrow morning and ask my application status..once again congratulations and good luck for the bench exam. Do you have any idea whether they are sending rejection letters as well at the same time?

thanks

hello backie,
I just called up the dental admissions office to know abt my status, my application is complete i got an email in january and the lady over there said that she has not heard any thing as of yet till now from director of admissions and she has no idea about it.but you already got your interview letter and you also mentioned that rejection letters are sent out.I think you can share the information here that is more useful as you keep the thread updated,thanks a lot,

Yes, dr.Lippman said they started sending rejection letters from Monday and I thought I'd get one myself because my application was incomplete by their mistake...However, luckily I got a much better letter :)
Good luck

Hi Backie,

Congrats. I also got same letter from NOVA.
So how are you preparing for clinical exam ?

Hi Backie,

dentstu
may i know your stats and your USA status if you don't mind. thank you and good luck for your admission.

Congratulations Dentstu to you too. I guess I'll see you in April :)
I still haven't started worrying about the bench test yet because my mind is set on nbde part 2 which I'm having next fri-sat. I guess I'll just have to buy some typodonts and go practice to the dentist's I know office.
What about you...
And yes, it would be interesting to know your stats, please.

Hi Backie,

I applied to nova for past 2 years, here is my experience:

They cash my app. fee check, they dont let me know when my application is complete, nor do they send rejection letter. I dont know what it is they do. I do know they have many FTDs that do AEGD there, I think one of few AEGD program where the students have to pay!! (many other AEGD programs i believe the studnets get paid), not sure about this nova AEGD but i heard it from some DDS students. Anyways I am UIC bound, so I thought I would write this to help studnets that are in waiting. By the way my stats are: Part I 87, Part II 77, GPA 3.45, FL DH Lic (done at Nova - nice dental facility), 1 yr dental internship back home and 2.5 yrs dental assistant exp.

Good Luck

Dentalbug

Hi:

I have been invited for interview but will not attend (I'll be going to BU :) )
Good luck to all of you taking the exam.

Hi, I also apply to Nova and I received the invitation letter for the interview.
I am from Romania.
Nbde 1 87
Toefl 99
GPA 3.76
My experience was 3 years as a dentist in Romania(residency program in general dentistry).
Good luck to everyone.
Anyone knows something about case clinic presentation?
Thank you.