Nova Southeastern

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Brandie28

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I didn't see a thread for Nova started so here it is. ;) Who has received an interview? :thumbup: And for those who have already had an interview how did it go and what kinds of questions did they ask? And what is the campus like over there? Good luck everyone!!! :)

Members don't see this ad.

I did receive an interview for Wednesday oct 15th.. I think 311fighter had his already. I would like to hear his feedback!

I have an interview October 14! What did you wear to the interview 311??? Where are you guys from??

Members don't see this ad :)
If you guys don't mind, please post your stats and how you were contacted.

3.02 GPA (Depressing sophomore year)
87 PCAT
IV Pharmacy Technician at a hospital
Research
A lot of employment dealing with customer service

I thought you needed like at least a 3.5gpa and above to get contacted for an interview? If this isn't true, than I feel much better...

Don't you think it would be pointless to apply then even though the min GPA is 2.75? As long as you have other things to make up for it (which I did) you will get an interview.

Oh I see...

Do you know if Nova Southeastern accepts credits from Community College's? Cause I am just taking my prerequisites at CC and taking my major classes at UCF or something.

Oh I see...

Do you know if Nova Southeastern accepts credits from Community College's? Cause I am just taking my prerequisites at CC and taking my major classes at UCF or something.

I suggest you join the Pre-Pharmacy Society at UCF if you are planning on applying to Nova Southeastern. You may find their website at www.prepharmacysociety.com

3.46 science gpa
3.55 overall
78 composite followed by a 56 Composite 1 year later (Pcat told me i became illiterate)
certified tech, worked with walgreens 2 years
Lots of ECs outside of school and work.

Interview 10/14. Driving to and fro from Jax in one day. :oops:

3.28 Science, 3.4 Overall
83 PCAT
Healthcare experience as Med Lab Asst, no Pharm
Bachelors in Marketing <---- Preparing myself for questions on this!

I did receive an interview for Wednesday oct 15th.. I think 311fighter had his already. I would like to hear his feedback!

When did u guys apply...I sent in my supp about 2 weeks ago and my pcat scores and lor shud b there by this week....I have a 3.49 cum...3.33 sci...3.4 pharmcas...but a 71 on the pcat :(...I have a shadowed clinical pharmsc...and currently workin retail....what r my chances...please help...please...am I too late too apply when did u guys apply

Interview 10/14. Driving to and fro from Jax in one day. :oops:

3.28 Science, 3.4 Overall
83 PCAT
Healthcare experience as Med Lab Asst, no Pharm
Bachelors in Marketing <---- Preparing myself for questions on this!
How far is Jax from Ft. Lauderdale???

4.5-5 hours

I like roadtrips and I especially like solo roadtrips. Plus I have no choice, so thats quite an incentive.

Members don't see this ad :)
4.5-5 hours

I like roadtrips and I especially like solo roadtrips. Plus I have no choice, so thats quite an incentive.
LoL...yea you really don't have a choice....I live 3 hours away and I am dreading it...I hate driving for very long it makes me soooo tired! But I am not going to complain I am just thankful I don't live in Jax :)

So do you have any idea where were supposed to be going? They didnt email me any instructions. Guess Ill have to call that dude back up and see whats going on.

The building is listed in your interview packet. The packet your received in the mail from them.

It's the first floor of the terry building. The terry building is right on university drive. you really can't miss it. it's a super nice building (I also heard that ALL your classes will be in this building in the auditorium -first floor) If you go to nova's site and get a map of the school, I'm sure you can find it. It's not hard to find your way around either. once you go in the building, there's a big reception desk and the admissions office is to the right through the double doors. they have another reception desk there and a bunch of chairs. you'll be seeing students from other programs like the PA and nursing getting interviewed too.

Hey guys I was wondering if I could gain some insight based off of my stats:

Pre-pharm gpa: 3.30
PCAT: 88

I hold an undergraduate degree in Business, would be an out of state student, and have lots of clinical and retail pharmacy experience.

I really am interested in going here, but I feel like my GPA is not that competitve, so I did try to make up for it in other areas (work, extracurriculars, and PCAT which I am still taking again to break a 90).

What do you guys think? Any insight would be helpful!

Pls inform me...

Which campus is nicer?

- Ft. Lauderdale, FL
- West Palm Beach, FL
- Ponce, Puerto Rico

Did anyone apply to all three? If not, which one and why.

I spoke with a very nice lady on the phone who said I did not get my packet b/c she was out all last week. (I know how that is, same thing happens when Im gone too).

She gave me directions and I was told to be there at 1230 :D

Just got my interview date. It should be the 28th of October. It was through email though, I haven't received any material through snail mail yet.

hey Antimony, I noticed u interviewed at LECOM in Bradenton, how was your experience? what kind of questions did they ask you?

Its coming up

Hey guys I was wondering if I could gain some insight based off of my stats:

Pre-pharm gpa: 3.30
PCAT: 88

I hold an undergraduate degree in Business, would be an out of state student, and have lots of clinical and retail pharmacy experience.

I really am interested in going here, but I feel like my GPA is not that competitve, so I did try to make up for it in other areas (work, extracurriculars, and PCAT which I am still taking again to break a 90).

What do you guys think? Any insight would be helpful!

Sound like a strong candidate to me! Best of luck to you.

confusedgrad,

It's almost 100% guaranteed they're going to ask you in the interview (when you get one) WHY pharmacy from business. I got nailed on that question yesterday!

so glad that's over with! :eek:

How does she do it? The beautiful SpirivaSunrise dresses up again for the season. I just to to comment. Hey Spiriva, you did great work on detailing what nuclear pharmacists do.

confusedgrad,

So glad that's over with! :eek:

.Sulilina, I remember when you were in the application pool last year jockeying for position like the rest of us. I also remember when you did a little bit of SDN journalistic work and unselfishly shared it with the rest of us SDNers. In your work, you had asked the NSU representatives who visited your school a fusillade of questions concerning the application cycle (poor lady must have been dizzy at the end).

Today, you made a significant achievement and I'm very proud of you. I just have this awesome feeling that you will receive your acceptance letter soon!

Congrats!!!!
:bow:..:soexcited:..

P.S. We even wrote the PCAT @FAU (lol it was hard finding that test room :laugh:)

How does she do it? The beautiful SpirivaSunrise dresses up again for the season. I just to to comment. Hey Spiriva, you did great work on detailing what nuclear pharmacists do.

.Sulilina, I remember when you were in the application pool last year jockeying for position like the rest of us. I also remember when you did a little bit of SDN journalistic work and unselfishly shared it with the rest of us SDNers. In your work, you had asked the NSU representatives who visited your school a fusillade of questions concerning the application cycle (poor lady must have been dizzy at the end).

Today, you made a significant achievement and I'm very proud of you. I just have this awesome feeling that you will receive your acceptance letter soon!

Congrats!!!!
:bow:..:soexcited:..

P.S. We even wrote the PCAT @FAU (lol it was hard finding that test room :laugh:)

Yes! Thank you so much! It has been one hell of a ride hasn't it!? I took the PCAT last month again at Keiser. Wow that was worse than FAU. I rather get lost at FAU and have a better atmosphere for the test than sit at the distracting keiser rooms and proctors! I scored worse at Keiser.

So where do you stand so far in your application process with nova? I want to have some SDNers join me at nova (assuming i get accepted)!

Good luck to you too!!!!!!

confusedgrad,

It's almost 100% guaranteed they're going to ask you in the interview (when you get one) WHY pharmacy from business. I got nailed on that question yesterday!

so glad that's over with! :eek:

Yes...it's a fairly typical question to ask anyone whose undergrad strays from the typical sciences. But if you have a good answer, it can actually set you apart from other candidates. Several of my classmates with business backgrounds have made excellent pharmacists...with a little "common cents", you may have a great knack for the pharmacoeconomic aspect of the profession.

I was oftentimes asked to assist with the interview process, and liked to see candidates who brought something unique to the table. Prior pharmacy experience is also a great plus.

Hey Spiriva, you did great work on detailing what nuclear pharmacists do.

Glad you enjoyed the post! :)

Thank you for the insight everyone! Really appreciate it. I need to start practicing for the business to pharmacy question...I feel like everyone is going to drill me for that, hah! Thanks again!

I just interviewed today, Good luck.

Anyone want to spilt a hotel room for the interview on NOV 10th???