NOVA Stats

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

od2016

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey, just wondering if you've been accepted to Nova if you could post your stats? Or if you just recently received an interview, too.

Members don't see this ad.

Hey, just wondering if you've been accepted to Nova if you could post your stats? Or if you just recently received an interview, too.

Just saw this thread, but figured I could help. I got accepted with a 3.1 gpa and 340 AA and 340TS OAT. I interviewed early October and heard back about 4 days later.

thanks! i noticed their pre-reqs required a lot of humanities/social science hours which is the undergrad background i come from; did they seem to put emphasis on that during your interview?

Members don't see this ad :)
thanks! i noticed their pre-reqs required a lot of humanities/social science hours which is the undergrad background i come from; did they seem to put emphasis on that during your interview?

No not really. I fulfilled their prereqs just by doing all the core classes my undergrad required. I honestly didn't think about it at all. As far as the interview, it was pretty brief (compared to the marathon 75 minutes I had at PCO a week prior) but it was open file. I struggled in orgo 2 and they mentioned it and asked me about my study skills and how I can improve them in opto school. This was a great way for me to shine since I learned a LOT about studying and time management in undergrad...after I got a few low marks freshman year. This was since I came out of high school with a 4.0 and never opening a textbook. It's a pretty low key interview, I had two female ODs interview me so it was very conversational, not like they were tag teaming me.

Do you think your interview at PCO took so long because it just turned into a fun conversation or because they wanted to get out figuring more about you? Also, did you get something in the mail prior giving a date and time (handwritten) saying when your interview was? Wasn't sure if tat corresponded to an actual order or whatnot... Did you get nervous at all during it, or were there any questions where you didn't have much to say for?

Do you think your interview at PCO took so long because it just turned into a fun conversation or because they wanted to get out figuring more about you? Also, did you get something in the mail prior giving a date and time (handwritten) saying when your interview was? Wasn't sure if tat corresponded to an actual order or whatnot... Did you get nervous at all during it, or were there any questions where you didn't have much to say for?

I actually feel that I'm better in person than I am on paper. I'm very sociable and talkative, and can start up a conversation with a total stranger and talk for hours. My interviewer at PCO was a little intimidating at first, but it turns out that he was a mentor to one of the doctors I work for who just graduated in may. This may have lengthened our conversation a bit. I was the 2nd taken back for my interview and the last to return, so I feel that my interview was probably abnormally long. I had to do my exit interview at the end of the day meanwhile the other candidates did theirs before I even got back. I was a little nervous as was to be expected, but again it was my first interview. I did get paper and email confirmations. I honestly can't remember the questions I was asked because we had more of a conversation than an "interview".

I just got my acceptance today to NSU, so it took a full week from my interview day to hear back from them. I have a 3.1 GPA and 310 AA and 300 TS OAT.

I had my NOVA interview on 10/7th (Friday), the committee met on the following Tuesday and I received an informal acceptance e-mail from the Associate Dean on the Wednesday. My formal letter arrived in the mail 1.5 weeks later.

My stats: GPA 3.3, AA 320, TS 310.

My stats were on the lower side, but I think they liked the fact that I was an unconventional student.

Congrats class of 2016! :D
My stats: GPA: 3.3
OAT: 310
a lot of extracurricular activities
4 years experience in the field

Turned down my acceptance. I recently interviewed early this month.

My stats were 3.2 GPA

330 AA and 320 TS. My science GPA was abismal though... :). I think they liked my essays though. Goodluck!

I just got my acceptance today to NSU, so it took a full week from my interview day to hear back from them. I have a 3.1 GPA and 310 AA and 300 TS OAT.

Congrats on ur acceptance. I have similar stats , I was wondering what your science GPA was, if u dont mind sharing.

Hey guys, I was accepted to the Masters of Occupational Therapy Program at Nova. I'm looking to move to ft lauderdale sometime in April. I am also looking for a male roommate. contact me if you're interested. You can Private message me or email me for more info [email protected]

330 AA, 340 TS, 3.11 gpa, sci gpa = 2.9

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi to those who choose nova, I have a interview come up at nova..what are some of ur reasons for choosing nova ( i already had interview at suny and ico) , i'm not sure if i should go to the interview at nova ?

Hi to those who choose nova, I have a interview come up at nova..what are some of ur reasons for choosing nova ( i already had interview at suny and ico) , i'm not sure if i should go to the interview at nova ?

Well you obviously applied there for a reason. Go to the interview, its an amazing campus. the program looks great and has interdisciplinary classes. If you don't end up liking it there, no harm, no foul. but you'll never know unless you check it out.

Hi! Love the tagline with the dancing smiley face! That's exactly how I feel right now. I interviewed last Wednesday and was accepted on Thursday. Congrats to you on your acceptance! I'm really looking forward to meeting everyone and an amazing semester!

NSU class of 2016!

3.91 GPA
320 OAT

I was accepted in November, but I have not made my final decision yet

Does anyone know if NOVA is still accepting applicants?

Update -- I gave up my seat at NOVA yesterday. Good luck to those of you who are still waiting for an offer!

is it full? When is the next round of interviews, is anyone on the wait list already?

Seats opened up at NOVA yesterday when the non-refundable $750 deposit was due. I don't know how many, but in years past it has averaged about 10 seats opening up on that day, with as many as 20 opening up in some years. Some very lucky waitlisters should be hearing back any day! :)

Nova Optometry Class of 2016
GPA: 3.7 overall / 3.9 science
OAT: 340 TS / 350 AA

So I applied back in January and I have not heard back from NOVA yet. I have emailed them a few times and haven't heard back from anyone!! So I was wondering if this has happened to anyone else? If they havent contacted you, does that mean you were placed on the waiting list?

So I applied back in January and I have not heard back from NOVA yet. I have emailed them a few times and haven't heard back from anyone!! So I was wondering if this has happened to anyone else? If they havent contacted you, does that mean you were placed on the waiting list?

Those on the waiting list have already been interviewed and are seen as having the potential to be admitted. I suggest you call them directly. Sometimes e-mails get lost in the shuffle.