NOVA Students

This forum made possible through the generous support of
SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

tamathat

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
What are the reasons you all picked NOVA over the other schools out there?

Members don't see this ad.

For me its all about location. Since am originally from Florida :) I will rather stay here and I live 30 mins away from NOVA so it works great for me. Although I apply to several schools if I can stay home it will be great. NOVA may not be the best school out there but it is a very nice school. Everything is new, their labs look great, they have several outreach clinics around where you get great practice, the staff are really nice & helpful & its just another option where to go to school...
good luck :luck:

p.s
we all have our first choices regarding what school we want to go... whether is in your hometown or an out of state school. However, your 3rd & 4th choice should include the state you want to live in. Every optometry school has a good accredited progam some better than others but at the end you'll be and OD regardless. So find out if the state the school is located is one in which you can get used to living. I'm from what I thought was a big city (miami), yet I went to my ICO interview and Miami is nothing compare to Chicago...
I hope this helps :p

tamathat said:
What are the reasons you all picked NOVA over the other schools out there?
The beach the beach the beach the beach the beach!

(...sorry, it's just starting to get pretty chilly here, and the beach is starting to sound pretty good to me. :D )