Nova Students

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

PharmHopeful3

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Not sure if this is the right forum for this...
There's been some bad publicity about Nova on the pre-pharm board. But after interviewing there, I loved it and it's my top choice. Can any Nova students give me an honest opinion of the school (classes, professors, any problems, anything!!)? It'd be greaty appreciated!

Members don't see this ad.

PM me and I'll fill you in! :)

Thanks!
Anyone else?

I'm deciding between Nova and UF.

Members don't see this ad :)
nothing specific really. I've just read some negative things about the school on this site, but I really liked it when I interviewed!

UF is cheaper and it does have a very good reputation, but I dont like the gainesville area much...and i dont like that most students dont attend class (just watch lectures online).

Anyway, I just wanted to hear if students at Nova like the school or if they have any complaints...

nothing specific really. I've just read some negative things about the school on this site, but I really liked it when I interviewed!

UF is cheaper and it does have a very good reputation, but I dont like the gainesville area much...and i dont like that most students dont attend class (just watch lectures online).

Anyway, I just wanted to hear if students at Nova like the school or if they have any complaints...

I saw a thread a while back...something about gas leaks?? I don't know...the 4 years I was there...we never had a gas leak evacuation. That seems like something they'd fix pretty quickly, and I wouldn't let something like that factor into your decision. As you've seen during the interview, they've got a beautiful facility. And living in SoFla is pretty sweet too :cool:

In all seriousness though...I think they have a great program. There are quite a few professors that you'll get to know on a first-name basis...that'll go out of their way to ensure you get a great education. Great rotation selection for your P4 year across FL and the country. I was very pleased with the program...no complaints on my end!

You're not going to go wrong either way. Pharmacy school is what you make of it. I had the choice between NSU and UF too; but the reasons I chose to stay near home and attend NSU don't apply to everyone. Under other circumstances, I probably would have gone up to UF. If you feel more comfortable at NSU though, my 4 years there gave me no indication that you'll be disappointed ;)

Hi there, I graduated Nova in 2006 and I liked it a lot. Im not sure what do you mean by publicity on the pre-pharm board. please explain would love to advice you.
Allan

Not sure if this is the right forum for this...
There's been some bad publicity about Nova on the pre-pharm board. But after interviewing there, I loved it and it's my top choice. Can any Nova students give me an honest opinion of the school (classes, professors, any problems, anything!!)? It'd be greaty appreciated!

Hi there, I graduated Nova in 2006 and I liked it a lot. Im not sure what do you mean by publicity on the pre-pharm board. please explain would love to advice you.
Allan

You type like you graduated from Nova (there or WVU), that's for sure. How exactly do you "advice" someone?

:p

How are the PGY2 apps going?

Have two interviews confirmed up to this point, one of which is next Tuesday. No word from OSU yet, but they had a later deadline than the other programs I applied to. They sent me an email last week informing me that my application packet was complete though.....

Have two interviews confirmed up to this point, one of which is next Tuesday. No word from OSU yet, but they had a later deadline than the other programs I applied to. They sent me an email last week informing me that my application packet was complete though.....

Nice!! Good luck! :thumbup:

And don't forget the Gator sweatshirt when you go up to Columbus ;)

You don't need no stinkin another residency or fellowship.. just hang out with me for 2 weeks... I'll learn you everything you need to know..