Nova supplemental application

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

daytripper65

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
For both supplemental questions (why did you choose NOVA and what will you do if you don't matriculate?), are they really supposed to be 500 words minimum and 1500 words max?? The questions seem answerable in a paragraph, and the optomcas essay was roughly 600-700 words for 4500 characters max.

It is going to require a lot of rambling on.

Members don't see this ad.

How much is 500 words? A paragraph? Or a lengthy paragraph? Just embellish it a bit and expand a bit more on some of the points you mention. Should be easy

If you can't figure out 500 words to write about why you'd pick Nova, then you probably only have a very superficial reason.

I don't know anything about NOVA but here are a few ideas: their curriculum, their research, the location. If you can't get 200 - 300 words out of that and another 200 words for what you'd pursue if you don't get in, then I really don't know what to tell you.
The point of that question is to see if you know anything about their school or if you just thought "I like sunshine. I'll apply to Florida."

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
If you can't figure out 500 words to write about why you'd pick Nova, then you probably only have a very superficial reason.

I don't know anything about NOVA but here are a few ideas: their curriculum, their research, the location. If you can't get 200 - 300 words out of that and another 200 words for what you'd pursue if you don't get in, then I really don't know what to tell you.
The point of that question is to see if you know anything about their school or if you just thought "I like sunshine. I'll apply to Florida."

It's actually 1000 words minimum but the point stands. 500 for each if I remember correctly.

I had the same problem as you. Honestly I kind of just fluffed it up a lot to get to the 500 word minimum