Nova Supplemental Q

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

jorUW

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
For those of you that have graduated. Under the planned courses section you MUST enter something into the field, but what do you suggest?

I would like to put something other than N/A since i've graduated and dont have planned courses. Currently I have something along the lines of Degree earned June 2006.

I'll take your comments off the air :p

Members don't see this ad.

personally, I think if you don't plan on taking any courses...just put N/A. Hopefully the school won't hold it against you for being a regular, working human being for a year and not taking a class after you graduate.

jorUW said:
For those of you that have graduated. Under the planned courses section you MUST enter something into the field, but what do you suggest?

I would like to put something other than N/A since i've graduated and dont have planned courses. Currently I have something along the lines of Degree earned June 2006.

I'll take your comments off the air :p

Usually adcoms like to see applicants actively taking classes. Hey, I have graduated and I am still taking classes.

Members don't see this ad :)
I remember leaving that blank. I had no problem with it. There are some people that have been out of school and have been working full-time for a year or more. It's not mandatory that you keep taking classes after undergrad. Where did you get the idea that it would be held against you??

coral2005 said:
I remember leaving that blank. I had no problem with it. There are some people that have been out of school and have been working full-time for a year or more. It's not mandatory that you keep taking classes after undergrad. Where did you get the idea that it would be held against you??

Well to clarify, I wasn't under the impression that not continuing my education would be held against me. My question refered to that when filling out the sup ap online, planned courses is a "required" field so you have to enter some form of text or it wont let you submit. I was asking the opinion of others in the same boat as to if I should put N/A or N/A with degree earned June 2006. I know it's a simple question so all you nega-SDNers don't beat me down ;)

As far as what to do in a year off, I think ADCOMS want to see you still persuing dentistry. So, whether that's taking more classes or working at a dental lab, office, etc.... I think it's fine.

Thanks for the replys so far

what's the NOVA supplemental like?

jorUW said:
Well to clarify, I wasn't under the impression that not continuing my education would be held against me. My question refered to that when filling out the sup ap online, planned courses is a "required" field so you have to enter some form of text or it wont let you submit. I was asking the opinion of others in the same boat as to if I should put N/A or N/A with degree earned June 2006. I know it's a simple question so all you nega-SDNers don't beat me down ;)

As far as what to do in a year off, I think ADCOMS want to see you still persuing dentistry. So, whether that's taking more classes or working at a dental lab, office, etc.... I think it's fine.

Thanks for the replys so far

jorUW,
Last year's supplemental was paper and wasn't online so it was easier to leave things blank. For your situation, N/A would probably be fine. And for what it's worth I even left the question about if there was "anything else I wanted to tell them" blank and I still got accepted. Now I'm not recommending that, but I just thought my personal essay said enough.

Thanks for the info. The sup is very basic. There is a section that you can write about "special consideration" when the adcom reviews your application, but i thought that it was more like the "hard times section" on the AADSAS ap rather than tell us more about yourself. I think my personal statement says a lot, so I left it blank. You weren't asked to write much unless you were a reapplicant. They ask you to write down all planned courses. (ala this thread) Also they ask you to list all of the schools that you have and/or will apply to, the year, and whether or not you interviewed or will interview.

Guys,

Did you happen to get the pdf file from Nova? Cuz I got mine and it wouldn't open!!! And now I tried calling them and currently enjoying their crappy music and listening messages stating how great their school is...

prez_al said:
Guys,

Did you happen to get the pdf file from Nova? Cuz I got mine and it wouldn't open!!! And now I tried calling them and currently enjoying their crappy music and listening messages stating how great their school is...

Was it attached to the email or are you refering to after you submit the sup ap? A "signature page" came up and said to print it out, sign it, and mail it back to the school. Let me know if you're talking about something else.

jorUW said:
Was it attached to the email or are you refering to after you submit the sup ap? A "signature page" came up and said to print it out, sign it, and mail it back to the school. Let me know if you're talking about something else.
Its the attached pdf copy of your app that they send you. I printed the signature page already. Thanks for asking.

prez_al said:
Its the attached pdf copy of your app that they send you. I printed the signature page already. Thanks for asking.

I submitted my application on-line and then the signature page popped up which you need to print and sign. The original email which allowed me to fill out the supplemental application only had one pdf file attached to it and it was the signature page.

yeah i got that pdf attached with an email today too. it wont open. i really dont think its a big deal though

I filled out part of the supplemental and saved it so I could come back later to fill it out; Now that I want to fill out the rest of the supplemental, the link which came with the email doesn't open. What to do?