This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

PlaqueAgain

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
I did the MBS program at Nova Southeastern University this past year, and after successful completion I was admitted into their Dental Class of 2024. About a month ago I also received my official letter of acceptance from Creighton University. I unfortunately never had the opportunity to visit Creighton due to COVID-19 restrictions or have my in person interview, but have still been blessed with a choice of where to attend.

I love Florida, it's where I'm thinking I want live and practice. I have some great friends here, have gotten to know some faculty and I've already gotten used to the area over the past year (I moved from Teas so I am out of state for both). That being said, I am aware of the incident that took place 3 years ago and I also know of people who transferred because of said incident or transferred because they weren't happy here. Are there any students from Creighton and/or from Nova that would have any input on the matter? I don't know much about Creighton except for some superficial research off google.

I was very interested in specializing in oral surgery as I have always been interested in it, and when I shadowed one I further fell in love with it. After this year and taking classes with the dental students I'm not too confident I will make the grades to be the top of my class (at least for the basic sciences) so that may be out. Any input and advice I would greatly appreciate.

Members don't see this ad.

I did the MBS program at Nova Southeastern University this past year, and after successful completion I was admitted into their Dental Class of 2024. About a month ago I also received my official letter of acceptance from Creighton University. I unfortunately never had the opportunity to visit Creighton due to COVID-19 restrictions or have my in person interview, but have still been blessed with a choice of where to attend.

I love Florida, it's where I'm thinking I want live and practice. I have some great friends here, have gotten to know some faculty and I've already gotten used to the area over the past year (I moved from Teas so I am out of state for both). That being said, I am aware of the incident that took place 3 years ago and I also know of people who transferred because of said incident or transferred because they weren't happy here. Are there any students from Creighton and/or from Nova that would have any input on the matter? I don't know much about Creighton except for some superficial research off google.

I was very interested in specializing in oral surgery as I have always been interested in it, and when I shadowed one I further fell in love with it. After this year and taking classes with the dental students I'm not too confident I will make the grades to be the top of my class (at least for the basic sciences) so that may be out. Any input and advice I would greatly appreciate.
Incident?

NOVA didn’t sterilize or properly sterilize their equipment for like 3 years in a row and potentially exposed as many as 1000 patients with HIV and Hepatitis. They found out in 2018 I believe.

Nah, I'm pretty sure OP is referring to a different incident... care to share about it OP?

Nah, I'm pretty sure OP is referring to a different incident... care to share about it OP?
Yes I’m referring to that incident but it was back in 2017, so I am aware that it took place but it was 3 years ago and obviously the problems that caused the issue (I’m aware of how serious it was) are no longer going on. It was the issue of a few that weren’t doing their jobs properly because of being lazy as well. I realize it has a negative association with the school but I mean things get better with time.. wasn’t sure how badly that effects me as a graduate.