PlaqueAgain

2+ Year Member
Apr 16, 2018
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Medical
I did the MBS program at Nova Southeastern University this past year, and after successful completion I was admitted into their Dental Class of 2024. About a month ago I also received my official letter of acceptance from Creighton University. I unfortunately never had the opportunity to visit Creighton due to COVID-19 restrictions or have my in person interview, but have still been blessed with a choice of where to attend.

I love Florida, it's where I'm thinking I want live and practice. I have some great friends here, have gotten to know some faculty and I've already gotten used to the area over the past year (I moved from Teas so I am out of state for both). That being said, I am aware of the incident that took place 3 years ago and I also know of people who transferred because of said incident or transferred because they weren't happy here. Are there any students from Creighton and/or from Nova that would have any input on the matter? I don't know much about Creighton except for some superficial research off google.

I was very interested in specializing in oral surgery as I have always been interested in it, and when I shadowed one I further fell in love with it. After this year and taking classes with the dental students I'm not too confident I will make the grades to be the top of my class (at least for the basic sciences) so that may be out. Any input and advice I would greatly appreciate.

dentafloss20

2+ Year Member
Aug 2, 2017
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Dental
I did the MBS program at Nova Southeastern University this past year, and after successful completion I was admitted into their Dental Class of 2024. About a month ago I also received my official letter of acceptance from Creighton University. I unfortunately never had the opportunity to visit Creighton due to COVID-19 restrictions or have my in person interview, but have still been blessed with a choice of where to attend.

I love Florida, it's where I'm thinking I want live and practice. I have some great friends here, have gotten to know some faculty and I've already gotten used to the area over the past year (I moved from Teas so I am out of state for both). That being said, I am aware of the incident that took place 3 years ago and I also know of people who transferred because of said incident or transferred because they weren't happy here. Are there any students from Creighton and/or from Nova that would have any input on the matter? I don't know much about Creighton except for some superficial research off google.

I was very interested in specializing in oral surgery as I have always been interested in it, and when I shadowed one I further fell in love with it. After this year and taking classes with the dental students I'm not too confident I will make the grades to be the top of my class (at least for the basic sciences) so that may be out. Any input and advice I would greatly appreciate.
Incident?

plusalpha

5+ Year Member
Oct 19, 2015
Status (Visible)
  1. Dental Student
NOVA didn’t sterilize or properly sterilize their equipment for like 3 years in a row and potentially exposed as many as 1000 patients with HIV and Hepatitis. They found out in 2018 I believe.

Nah, I'm pretty sure OP is referring to a different incident... care to share about it OP?

PlaqueAgain

2+ Year Member
Apr 16, 2018
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Medical
Nah, I'm pretty sure OP is referring to a different incident... care to share about it OP?
Yes I’m referring to that incident but it was back in 2017, so I am aware that it took place but it was 3 years ago and obviously the problems that caused the issue (I’m aware of how serious it was) are no longer going on. It was the issue of a few that weren’t doing their jobs properly because of being lazy as well. I realize it has a negative association with the school but I mean things get better with time.. wasn’t sure how badly that effects me as a graduate.

This thread is more than 1 year old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.