Nova vs. DMU

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Aragorn

15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Which school is better? Better Rep? Happier Students? Better chance for specialty? If accepted to both, which one would be a better option?

Members don't see this ad.

I met a few Nova students during the AAO convocation this year and found them very friendly.... so as far as friendliness you won't go wrong with both places.

yeah, but popoy, you are extremely nice. i would go to dmu just so that i could meet you! :)

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey,

Nova rocks, but I never went to DMU so I can't really compare. The class of 2006 here so far is awesome! We've been bonding for a month and the upperclassmen that we've met are great also. We're having a great time (of course, orientation starts tomorrow, but...).

:)

PalCareGrl

Good luck with orientation and have fun!

And PLEASE...take some of this hot weather up here and bring it back to Florida...I'm dying. :(

And, to answer the original posters question...both schools are awesome. I looked seriously at both and I can say that I am glad that I got into PCOM (my #1 choice)...if I had to choose between the other DO schools I was looking at, it would be very difficult.

Good luck

Tough decision! Both are great schools. I had that same decision between those two schools. It was a tough call...subtropical florida weather vs bitter iowa winters, beautiful beaches vs cows and cornfields..you get the picture. Anyway, I chose DMU. I have no regrets because I have enjoyed every moment at DMU. My class is the greatest and even though I would love to live and study in south FL, I think that having the beach nearby would have been a big distraction for me. Main reason that I chose DMU was due to academic reasons. DMU is one of the older osteopathic schools and has very solid and well established curriculum. I can always do rotations in FL after this year! Good luck with your decision!! :)

Almost one week down......I'm sure many of you have questions for me more than I can answer here so if you're interested in how the dreaded first week has gone drop me an email....

I'd pick NOVA over DMU anyday. ;)

-care