Nova Vs Touro-ca

Started by khasha7
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

khasha7

New Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I have got acceptances to both these schools. I need to make a decision by the end of the week. Which one would you guys pick?
 
I interviewed at both schools. i chose tuca over nova. i didn't like the big class of nova and didn't dig the students as much. Nova had nicer facilities, but I liked the smaller feel of Tuca. There was a lot of prof student contact and a great student comraderie of tuca too. Now as a first year, I can say that I am really happy. I love our class and the relationship with profs is great-lots of contact and working together. Our class is great, we do lots of fun stuff together and don't feel any competition. It's nice to be in the bay area, vallejo is not so great, but you really don't have a lot of time anyway. Also, at Nova you have to do 3rd yr in Florida, no exceptions, which I didn't like that. 3rd yr at tuca, you can stay in bay area, socal, NY, MI, CO, or WA. and then 4th yr there's lots of flexibility as to where you do your rotations. As for 1st and2nd yr, classroom is tough, lots of studying. Our curriculum is systems based, and we have block exams. We are tested on everything every 5-6 weeks, which I like. It gives you a couple of weeks which are less intense and you have time to sort of hang out.