NOVA vs UF

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Which one?

• Nova

Votes: 15 37.5%
  • UF

Votes: 25 62.5%

• Total voters

tnguyen2512

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Dear all,

I have been blessed enough to earn my acceptance to both schools, but I am still debating to which school should I go with. Can you (any of you, dental students would be great) please help me make up the pros and cons for both of schools?

Thank you,

Sincerely

Members don't see this ad.

Go directly to Uf do not pass go or collect 200

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Reactions: 1 users
Personally I thought Nova was better. Tie breaker goes to the area, the staff, and the students. I thought the students and faculty were way friendlier at Nova. And the area is way nicer

Members don't see this ad :)
Any current students from both schools out there?

Depends on your personality as well. UF is kind of cutthroat... NOVA is a VERY friendly environment. UF is well established and NOVA is moving up in terms of reputation. If you community outreach is important, than NOVA is good school of choice. If you want a greater opportunity to do research, UF may be your choice. Also consider cost.

Reactions: 1 user
UF is public and Nova is private. The difference in cost of attendance should more than make your decision for you.

Furthermore, I suggest you read about Nova and their clinic scheduling issues. I have friends who tell me it is not the best.

I would choose UF, cheaper if you're FL resident plus I feel it has a greater reputation. As far as academics go you'll get a good education out of either

UF!!!!!!!! I was fortunate enough to get accepted to both as well and UF is WAY cheaper. Plus, being a gator is GREAT. I'm here for undergrad and it was the best decision I've ever made. I feel blessed to be able to stay here for another four years.

To be honest, both are strong dental schools and I don't think you could go wrong with either one.
*Warning Biased Opinion Alert* If I were you, I would pick UF (I'm a dental student here) simply because it's the most established dental program in the state (extensive networking with alumni that went to UFCD and its associated residencies, etc), it's the flagship university and with that comes prestige, it is also the cheapest dental school in FL (albeit not by much)...and the Gators are simply awesome! Gainesville is also a nice pleasant college town without too many distractions which allows you to focus at the task at hand, which is to get the most out of your dental education! They work you hard here, but in the end I know I'm getting a lot out of the education I am receiving. It is also not as cutthroat as some people have said....my classmates are awesome and we constantly help each other out in terms of sending out important reminders/sharing notes/studying together/socializing....With that said, It's Great to be a Florida Gator!

Reactions: 1 users
To be honest, both are strong dental schools and I don't think you could go wrong with either one.
*Warning Biased Opinion Alert* If I were you, I would pick UF (I'm a dental student here) simply because it's the most established dental program in the state (extensive networking with alumni that went to UFCD and its associated residencies, etc), it's the flagship university and with that comes prestige, it is also the cheapest dental school in FL (albeit not by much)...and the Gators are simply awesome! Gainesville is also a nice pleasant college town without too many distractions which allows you to focus at the task at hand, which is to get the most out of your dental education! They work you hard here, but in the end I know I'm getting a lot out of the education I am receiving. It is also not as cutthroat as some people have said....my classmates are awesome and we constantly help each other out in terms of sending out important reminders/sharing notes/studying together/socializing....With that said, It's Great to be a Florida Gator!

OMG I am SO excited to start dental school at UF! Thank you for this post. I chose UF in a heartbeat (over a few others, including Nova) for the reasons you just listed above. GO GATORS! :)

Either one is great. I personally pick UF for all the reasons dentalGator said. Also because I have a UF dental graduate of a mentor, my dentist is also UF dental graduate, a UF dental alumni near my parents' house also reached out to me to ask if I have questions. Talk about flashing signs lol