NOVA vs UNECOM

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

belichek

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
i got accepted to both, where should go?

Members don't see this ad.

if you want any advice between two schools youre gonna have to give us something more to go on, or else the answer will be 'where do WE want to go' not where YOU want to go.

Members don't see this ad :)
Nova = Florida = Hot
UNECOME = Maine = Cold

:)

both are "east coast" schools with very strong programs. I would suggest really evaluating where you felt most "at home" or where you could see urself living for the next few years of your life at least.

I like NSU for obvious reasons, but my opinion is so skewed its offered with almost no rationale :)

NSU has a systems based curriculum, which is a big plus for board preparation. I don't believe UNECOM has that in their curriculum.

You may also want to compare the clinical education curriculum at both schools, and consider factors such as time for elective rotations, the actual rotations sites themselves, and the type of residency programs offered at each school.

NSUCOM is soooo much better than UNECOM

UNECOM's first year is basic sciences. Second year is all systems based. (and it's SOOOO nice!)

i got accepted to both, where should go?
At the end of my application cycle, I had narrowed it down to UNECOM and NSUCOM. In my opinion, both schools had their strengths and weaknesses. It really depends on what you value more. I'm not going to go much further into this unless you have specific questions because I'm sure I could gives you my pros and cons ad nauseum. Private message me if you have specific questions.

In my opinion, both schools had their strengths and weaknesses. It really depends on what you value more.

This makes the most sense. You have to figure out what YOU consider the most imporant qualities in a school and then compare apply those criteria to each school.

Wook

Wow... belichek got banned?:confused:

Wow... belichek got banned?:confused:
yeah... kind of interesting story about about a muslim girl getting her panties in a bunch because of a hostile interviewer. I don't think she should have been banned from what I saw, but then again I got a warning for saying "sucked off". :rolleyes:

Both good schools, Unecom was a good education but seriously I would consider weather as a major factor. Maine is very cold, so if that's your thing, then go there...if you prefer the heat, go to Nova, that's a great school too.

yeah... kind of interesting story about about a muslim girl getting her panties in a bunch because of a hostile interviewer. I don't think she should have been banned from what I saw, but then again I got a warning for saying "sucked off". :rolleyes:

I completely disagree. From what she was posting in two Muslim-oriented threads she came across as completely inappropraite/racist. I'm about as WASPy as it gets and yet I found it offensive.

I completely disagree. From what she was posting in two Muslim-oriented threads she came across as completely inappropraite/racist. I'm about as WASPy as it gets and yet I found it offensive.

Gentlefolk:

I'm not sure what happened there, but could we please keep this thread on topic. Perhaps we could start another thread regarding this issue?

Thanks.

Wook