Nova vs. USC vs. Temple

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

What school

• Nova

Votes: 24 33.3%
  • Temple

Votes: 36 50.0%
  • USC

Votes: 12 16.7%

• Total voters

letsgfuad

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
What do you guys think? What school.

Nova Pros - Cheapest of the three, nice facility, Dr. Lipman was awesome when i met him. He alone makes me want to go to NOVA. Beach.

Cons - Humid, i can deal with the heat, just not humidity. I have heard that some students are unhappy, hurricanes (could be fun though).

USC Pros - i love cali, surf, good school,

Cons - price, graduation rate, stuck/superficial up people???? (i dunno how accurate this is)

Temple Pros - great clinical, good patient pool, different lifestyle (i will be out of my comfort zone and learn a lot about), A very good friend lives 25 mins from philly

Cons - No beach =]

Any other suggestions would be sweet. We really dont have to touch on the USC 18% thing though... i think we all have heard enough about it. Although if there are any students who have good things to say about USC please let me know.

Members don't see this ad.

Nova Pros - Cheapest of the three, nice facility, Dr. Lipman was awesome when i met him. He alone makes me want to go to NOVA. Beach.

Cons - Humid, i can deal with the heat, just not humidity. I have heard that some students are unhappy, hurricanes (could be fun though)

You obviously have never been in one to make such a stupid remark.:thumbdown:

I agree that hurricanes are not fun. The 2004 season was particularly bad for Florida. There is nothing like being in a hot dungeon when you have your windows boarded up and you have no power = no AC. The past few seasons have been relatively calm though, and I definitely would not think of hurricanes as a reason to not go to Nova. You are right on about Dr. Lipman. For me, he is tied for the single nicest faculty member that I met while interviewing.

Members don't see this ad :)
I agree that hurricanes are not fun. The 2004 season was particularly bad for Florida. There is nothing like being in a hot dungeon when you have your windows boarded up and you have no power = no AC. The past few seasons have been relatively calm though, and I definitely would not think of hurricanes as a reason to not go to Nova. You are right on about Dr. Lipman. For me, he is tied for the single nicest faculty member that I met while interviewing.

Alright i take it back about hurricanes. I just like rain. Maybe a tropical storm would be fun where the power was still working.

Yeah Dr. Lipman rocks. Hes definately tied for the nicest person i met, him and Dr. Ayers at Creighton.

any other opinions?

good luck finding patients at nova, temple has all you need

ok, who's the bastard who voted USC?

Columbia07 maybe? LOL...its werid that he would choose Columbia as a screename when he attends USC instead...had me confused for a second there...

ok, who's the bastard who voted USC?

good luck finding patients at nova, temple has all you need

You obviously are misinformed. The patient pool at Nova is huge and it takes about a month now for someone to even get in the clinic.

You obviously are misinformed. The patient pool at Nova is huge and it takes about a month now for someone to even get in the clinic.

I was wondering about that because every time I have gone to Nova the dental clinic is always full.

I picked Nova on your poll because "nova" sounds more similar to "No snow" then the other 2....

j/k

Cons - Humid, i can deal with the heat, just not humidity. I have heard that some students are unhappy, hurricanes (could be fun though).

USC Pros - i love cali, surf, good school,

Cons - price, graduation rate, stuck/superficial up people???? (i dunno how accurate this is)

Temple Pros - great clinical, good patient pool, different lifestyle (i will be out of my comfort zone and learn a lot about), A very good friend lives 25 mins from philly

Cons - No beach =]

Any other suggestions would be sweet. We really dont have to touch on the USC 18% thing though... i think we all have heard enough about it. Although if there are any students who have good things to say about USC please let me know.

I love hurricane season. Of course, no one likes it when it's really damaging (I probably start to get nervous when it's a strong Cat. 2 or higher), but if it's a smaller hurricane or tropical storm, I say "bring it on." It's fun to have hurricane days and just have nonstop rain and wind for awhile. Maybe that's just me though, I love storms :)

I love hurricane season. Of course, no one likes it when it's really damaging (I probably start to get nervous when it's a strong Cat. 2 or higher), but if it's a smaller hurricane or tropical storm, I say "bring it on." It's fun to have hurricane days and just have nonstop rain and wind for awhile. Maybe that's just me though, I love storms :)

=] Thats how i feel.

Cons - Humid, i can deal with the heat, just not humidity. I have heard that some students are unhappy, hurricanes (could be fun though)

You obviously have never been in one to make such a stupid remark.:thumbdown:

I think that hurricanes are sometimes fun as well. I hadnt had so much time together with my whole family, or played monopoly, for the longest time until katrina hit and we where with no light for a week... fun times