Nova waiting list

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ahmedpredental0

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
how many people are on this list? :D

Members don't see this ad.

I believe we are 2 of hundreds!!! seriously its a joke if you ask me.

Being put on Nova's waitlist is a polite way of them telling you that you are rejected. After an interview, few get rejection letters, most get waitlist letters.

My friend down there said for his class they called ~20 students from the waitlist to fill ~5 spots. So not many people are called. He was a waitlist acceptance there and said this:

" People on the waitlist that make the most noise will get in" I.E, if you just sit and wait for an acceptance letter it won't come. Send them new semester grades, call them, email them, etc

Members don't see this ad :)
nova waitlist is considered being "on-hold" by many other schools. i guess what they did was just sugar coated saying an applicant is being "waitlisted" instead of being "on-hold". i know creighton is the same way. they put a few hundred people on the waitlist. so with these schools, if your application status is "waitlisted", unless you have pretty good stats, your chance of being accepted is not good.

demonicr said:
nova waitlist is considered being "on-hold" by many other schools. i guess what they did was just sugar coated saying an applicant is being "waitlisted" instead of being "on-hold". i know creighton is the same way. they put a few hundred people on the waitlist. so with these schools, if your application status is "waitlisted", unless you have pretty good stats, your chance of being accepted is not good.

"on hold" means that your application have not been evaluated until further items are in

"waitlisted" means that your application have already been evaluated but certain part(s) of your application was/were deemed insufficient

They're not the same and at NSU Dental waitlisted is definitely not "on hold"!

Yah-E said:
"on hold" means that your application have not been evaluated until further items are in

"waitlisted" means that your application have already been evaluated but certain part(s) of your application was/were deemed insufficient

They're not the same and at NSU Dental waitlisted is definitely not "on hold"!

"on hold" does not exactly mean your application have not been evaluated until further items are in. it means that at some schools, but i know a lot of schools that doesn't use it for that definition you gave. i know schools like marquette, either accepts, reject, or put student "on-hold". which is to be review agian, just like nova's "waitlist". i guess different schools has different meaning for the terminology of "waitlist" or "on-hold"

ahmedpredental0 said:
how many people are on this list? :D

I don't know how many people are on the waitlist at Nova, but I believe that there are 5-10 positions that are not filled as of today.