Nova Waitlist Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

vlct0ria

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Just wanted to make an "official" thread for all else out there who are on the Nova waitlist...maybe we can all get an idea of how many people are on it, even though its supposedly unranked. We can just use this thread to keep track of the waitlist movement, so if you're on the WL and get accepted off of it, PLEASE tell us! :D

Also, does anyone happen to know how much the WL at Nova has moved in the past?

Members don't see this ad.

I am on the waitlist as well :confused:.....

I am also wondering how this list moves, and how fast.....I heard that students will eventually be ranked, but are not ranked at the moment. Does this mean that students on the waitlist as of now will be compared & ranked against students who have post Dec 1st interviews-- possibly placing me lower on the list?

Victoria..the waitlist MOVES at Nova. They usually fill up their class by mid March according to Dr. Lippman. I know of people who interview in Jan for last cycle and many got in off the waitlist. If you made the waitlist already you will get the call especially this earlier in the cycle.:thumbup:

Members don't see this ad :)
Just wanted to make an "official" thread for all else out there who are on the Nova waitlist...maybe we can all get an idea of how many people are on it, even though its supposedly unranked. We can just use this thread to keep track of the waitlist movement, so if you're on the WL and get accepted off of it, PLEASE tell us! :D

Also, does anyone happen to know how much the WL at Nova has moved in the past?

victoria i spent a ****load of time looking up what i could find about NOVA in the last few months and found that MANY people will be accepted between now and April. If you are on the waitlist, i'm pretty confident you chances are very high. Many people will choose other schools due to the high cost of attending NOVA. Keep your head high girl, i don't see any reason you will not be accepted to the school... but remember, this is just my opinion.

i was also wondering to anyone placed on the waitlist-- do you know if they contact you by phone if accepted, or through aadsas...because I had to call the school to find out I was placed on the waitlist...(my addsas doesnt even list nova under the school decisions section...weird)...anyways, during my phone call, they told me to call back in Mid-January to check my status...when do you guys plan on calling?

i was also wondering to anyone placed on the waitlist-- do you know if they contact you by phone if accepted, or through aadsas...because I had to call the school to find out I was placed on the waitlist...(my addsas doesnt even list nova under the school decisions section...weird)...anyways, during my phone call, they told me to call back in Mid-January to check my status...when do you guys plan on calling?

I first found out about my WL status from a letter I got from them on Saturday...and then Nova updated AADSAS yesterday afternoon so my status says "Wait Listed" now. That's weird it doesn't show up under your schools...I don't know if that's an issue you would take up with AADSAS, or Nova themselves. And yeah, after the 45-day decision period is up for Dec. 1st acceptance people, the committee usually meets again to see how many spots are available, and at that point we may hear from them about being taken off the WL. But anyway, I am pretty sure they would call you personally if that happens.

I will withdrew my application from Nova within this week.
Good luck guys. Nova is such a beautiful school. I am afraid that i cannot study when i am at Nova <well, it is in Fort Lauderdale>:p

How do you guys know that you're on the wait list?

How do you guys know that you're on the wait list?

Nova sent snail mail rejections/wait list letters before Dec. 1st...I got mine last Saturday.

Nova sent snail mail rejections/wait list letters before Dec. 1st...I got mine last Saturday.

I didn't get rejection/waitlist mails but I haven't heard back from Nova at all. Weird.

Those of you who were waitlisted at nova, did you recieve a letter in the mail/ status update on aadsas? I'm asking because my status still says "invited for interview" and I havent heard anything yet. Someone with the same probelm said that they called on dec. 1 and they told him that they didn't make the first round of acceptances but they hadn't made a decision on his file yet. Since I can't get ahold of anyone in admissions I need your advice. This IS considered the waitlist right?

Members don't see this ad :)
Those of you who were waitlisted at nova, did you recieve a letter in the mail/ status update on aadsas? I'm asking because my status still says "invited for interview" and I havent heard anything yet. Someone with the same probelm said that they called on dec. 1 and they told him that they didn't make the first round of acceptances but they hadn't made a decision on his file yet. Since I can't get ahold of anyone in admissions I need your advice. This IS considered the waitlist right?

I would think so, same with me, status hasnt changed but havent heard a thing from them, so I would assume Im on the waitlist. Didnt receive anything in the mail either.

I'm so confused because I've been hearing people on here say that they've been waitlisted and that they received notification of it via snail mail. I wish they'd have the courtesy to at least notify us

I just called Nova..i never got a letter and my status says invited for interview...the lady took forever and then just said im waitlisted and that the committee meets next wednesday again...or something like that. So she said the beginning of january should have a decision...not sure if i believe her but whatever.

victoria- did you hear anything from maryland? i think that was one of your schools you had interviewed at too....i havnt heard anything...i guess im "under review"

I just called Nova..i never got a letter and my status says invited for interview...the lady took forever and then just said im waitlisted and that the committee meets next wednesday again...or something like that. So she said the beginning of january should have a decision...not sure if i believe her but whatever.

victoria- did you hear anything from maryland? i think that was one of your schools you had interviewed at too....i havnt heard anything...i guess im "under review"

Didn't hear from Maryland, so I called them yesterday and they said I'm still under review...I said to the woman on the phone that we were told [during my Nov. 10th interview] that we would know their decisions Dec. 1st...but she just basically said its a rolling admissions process so who knows.

Yeah thats the same thing i was told on the phone today....at my interview i got the impression it was rolling and they would continually review and not accept everyone at first so its probably ok.

anyone receive a Nova Wait List recently?

Hey good luck all on the WL - I am also on the list.

May the new year bring good news!

Was told by the office that we should hear in January of another update on our status and instructions on what to do next.

Anyone wait listed POST 12/15?

I had an interview on Dec. 16, and my AADSAS still says "invited for interview". I am hoping that this is a good sign. :xf::xf::xf::xf: When did you interview?

Last edited:
24th via AADSAS, nothing via email or snail mail...

I know I'm waitlisted because my aadsas status now says, 'Wait Listed'

But I've looked at past threads and if we are WL this early than we probably have a good chance of acceptance in the coming months... gl every1

24th via AADSAS, nothing via email or snail mail...

I know I'm waitlisted because my aadsas status now says, 'Wait Listed'

But I've looked at past threads and if we are WL this early than we probably have a good chance of acceptance in the coming months... gl every1

I hope that is the case! I also hear positive things about Nova's WL movement...happy new year everyone and hopefully we get an acceptance!

I just found out i was waitlisted at nova as well...have any of you who were waitlisted earlier on this year accepted yet?

I just found out i was waitlisted at nova as well...have any of you who were waitlisted earlier on this year accepted yet?

When did you interview and put on the waitlist via AADSAS??

Yeah, there has been waitlist movement. I was put on the waitlist Dec. 1st, and got off Jan 15th, so you will probably just have to wait until the recently accepted people put down their deposits. G'luck :)

I just found out I am waitlisted too. I interviewed early Feb. Does that mean I basically have no chance of getting in or what?...how does the waitlist work does anybody know?
would we be considered at the end of a long waitlist or is there another way they go about with it?...
any help will be appreciated. Im really hoping to get in!:(

I just found out I am waitlisted too. I interviewed early Feb. Does that mean I basically have no chance of getting in or what?...how does the waitlist work does anybody know?
would we be considered at the end of a long waitlist or is there another way they go about with it?...
any help will be appreciated. Im really hoping to get in!:(

From previous years' threads, the waitlist at Nova moves quite a bit. It's ranked, but not according to when you interviewed. So, it's possible for someone who interviewed back in December to be lower on the list than someone who interviewed in February. Apparently, it's constantly being reranked so if you have updated transcripts/DATs, send them in. If it makes you feel any better, the c/o 2014 facebook group only has like 40-something members (out of a 100+ seat class). :p

When did you interview and put on the waitlist via AADSAS??

I interviewed early Feb as well and I only found out I was waitlisted today because I called. I have another deposit due for another school so just wanted to double check before I paid!
I hope the waitlist moves and it is reranked for us later interviewers! It just makes me nervous that a lot of people were saying only 20 spots were left awhile ago, which is not the way Nova made it sound when I interviewed about 2 weeks ago. And I do think it is funny that only 40-ish ppl are in the facebook group...I keep checking that too haha
Oh well guess we will just have to wait and see! Good luck everyone!

Waitlisted as of Monday as well. I interviewed on 1/27. How do we know our current rank?

Officially waitlisted on 2/24.
Interviewed on 2/10.

Ok.. what do i do now. just wait?

Officially waitlisted on 2/24.
Interviewed on 2/10.

Ok.. what do i do now. just wait?

Hahaha good question I think we are all wondering! By officially waitlisted do you mean on AADSAS or according to Nova?

Hahaha good question I think we are all wondering! By officially waitlisted do you mean on AADSAS or according to Nova?

I mean AADSAS status just changed today.
I tried to contact NOVA but couldn't get hold of them :(

I wasn't happy when i found out that i've been waitlisted but.. i guess it's better than being rejected :)

I try not to think about it but this whole waiting experience is very hard on me. I'm getting too anxious.

what the heck... i interviewed in january and haven't heard a thing... its weird how they vary on letting you know your status. hm..

what the heck... i interviewed in january and haven't heard a thing... its weird how they vary on letting you know your status. hm..

did you check your status on AADSAS? or tried to call them?
they've just updated status on AADSAS today. and if you call i'm sure that they'll let you know your status.

I mean AADSAS status just changed today.
I tried to contact NOVA but couldn't get hold of them :(

I wasn't happy when i found out that i've been waitlisted but.. i guess it's better than being rejected :)

I try not to think about it but this whole waiting experience is very hard on me. I'm getting too anxious.

Hhaha i agree...anxious is an understatement!!! Its just so hard to make plans with anything if you have no idea where you are going!!
If you hear any news about the waitlist let me know and ill do the same :)

I got a message back from Dr. Lippman, and he said I was on the 'accept/waitlist'. Anyone in the same spots at this point?

Im on the waitlist too.....so how does it work?
I mean how many people are usually waitlisted at the end and what are our chances of getting accepted?
Anybody have any info in regards to this?

Thanks

I think everyone who interviewed is either rejected or waitlisted/accepted... but yea I am in that same position right now. What I am trying to find out is if they rank the waitlist and what number I am.

The wait-list is definitely ranked. What I don't know is whether Nova re-ranks people when new DAT/GPA are sent in. Some schools say that they can't tell candidates what their position is because the ranking is constantly changing... not sure if that is the case for Nova. In this thread from last year's cycle, there were a ton of people who got off the wait-list in April, so many of you still have a chance.
Anywhoozle, I'll be withdrawing my app from Nova. Hopefully one of you guys get it. Good luck!

The wait-list is definitely ranked. What I don't know is whether Nova re-ranks people when new DAT/GPA are sent in. Some schools say that they can't tell candidates what their position is because the ranking is constantly changing... not sure if that is the case for Nova. In this thread from last year's cycle, there were a ton of people who got off the wait-list in April, so many of you still have a chance.
Anywhoozle, I'll be withdrawing my app from Nova. Hopefully one of you guys get it. Good luck!

I hopefully will be getting it soon.:xf:

Last edited:
I was gonna wait but i couldn't handle this long waiting..
I didn't want to bother them but some people say i need to show my interest to NOVA..
I emailed both Dr. Lippman and Ms.Zarrett to ask where i stand...
I keep calling them but couldn't get through..
It's already March and there's nothing!!!!!!
I hope i hear something back from them.:xf:

The first deposit for people who were accepted on Feb 18th-ish is due on March 9th. You guys will probably see some movement next week.

Not the best news guys.
Talked to nova today, they said that currently the class is full.

On the issue of ranking, there is no current ranking, they will wait till the deposits are in, see how many spots are left and then rank applicants for those remaining spots.

I don't know how accurate this is but I was told that the chances aren't very good right now...

I would say keep hope alive, but I think I've become a realist at this point...I am preparing for the next cycle and if I do get in somewhere before then, it'll be nice but I haven't got my hopes up too high...time to look forward.