Nova, Yes or no?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DrSmiles12

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Ok so here is my situation. I applied to 19 schools because I don't want to have to apply next year. I am getting emails and letters from them all and they all want there app fees and money. I got an email from NOVA today requesting the same.

Money is now getting pretty tight for me and I don't even know anything about Nova. I live on the West Coast and want to stay out West so Nova is more like a saftey net school for me.

Should I just save my money and not send anything to them? Or is Nova that good of a school?

Members don't see this ad.

if you want to stay west, then don't apply to NOVA.

btw, there is no such thing as a safety school... and if it did exist, NOVA would not be one of them.

jb!:)

Ok thanks for your thoughts... Anyone else have any others?

Members don't see this ad :)
I wouldn't use it as a backup, if you wouldn't seriously consider going there don't waste your time or money. According to the admissions their entering class for 07 is a 3.6 and a 20.5 DAT average, so I mean it's not easy.

Yes money will be tight. But look at it as an investment. What if you only get into Nova, then your application fee will have then been worth it. So I would send it in. I love the west coast, but am going to the east coast soon, why because it is a new experience, and I can always move back to Cali when i am done.

So go for it and send your money in. Especially when you said you dont want to have to apply next year, every school that looks at your application increases your chances a of an acceptance somewhere (though not guaranteed)

you've already sent money on aadsas fee's for nova....why not pay the app fee as well. if you get in it will be worth it.

Ok so here is my situation. I applied to 19 schools because I don't want to have to apply next year. I am getting emails and letters from them all and they all want there app fees and money. I got an email from NOVA today requesting the same.

Money is now getting pretty tight for me and I don't even know anything about Nova. I live on the West Coast and want to stay out West so Nova is more like a saftey net school for me.

Should I just save my money and not send anything to them? Or is Nova that good of a school?

I have not gotten anything from anywhere. When did u turn in ur app?

if you want to stay west, then don't apply to NOVA.

btw, there is no such thing as a safety school... and if it did exist, NOVA would not be one of them.

jb!:)

So JACK just wanted to thank you for your advice, I went ahead and gave NOVA my secondary, and now I have an interview coming up soon. It appears that it works as a saftey school!

now I have an interview coming up soon. It appears that it works as a saftey school!

Just because you got an interview, it does not mean you'll get an acceptance. Without an acceptance = not a "safety school"

NSU CDM, to me is a great school. Good luck in your interview there. Often applicants don't think much of NSU CDM until they visited during their interview. It's common that NSU CDM goes from bottom of their list to the top of their list after their interviews.