Nova - your thoughts and experiences

This forum made possible through the generous support of
SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Grover2k9

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am considering applying to NOVA but am wary. I'd like people to post pros/cons of nova (from experiences please).

I am used to a small school with personal attention, I also qualify for the in-state tuition in FL (my parents moved there when I graduated High School).

Thanks!

Eric

Members don't see this ad.

You know, my biggest complaint is always that there are too many students and it's hard to get personal attention here. Lately, I have gotten to see that this isn't true if you make a modest effort to get help. I had a teacher who said he didn't have time to go over pictures in class, but in the weeks following, I found that he was more than willing to help if I set up an appointment.

It's still true that there is not enough help in our scheduled practice lab, but even them we have had instructors willing to stay late and provide individual help. Sure, you have to again ask (and hope to find them in a good mood), but they are willing. You'll also have some pretty "smart" classmates that can assist you as well.

So, I guess what I am saying is that individual attention isn't conveniently handed to you, but the help is there if you need it. And every school is going to have some pros and some cons. I feel that I am being very well prepared for the future, and while school here is not without it's difficulties, I find myself with fewer regrets every day.