Nova

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

hmasters5

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know the processing time from the time you turn in your secondary till the time you hear something back. My file was complete mid August with everything in and I haven't heard anything back..I am an out of state applicant with a low MCAT, but high GPA to compensate(or so I believe).

Members don't see this ad.

hmasters5 said:
Does anyone know the processing time from the time you turn in your secondary till the time you hear something back. My file was complete mid August with everything in and I haven't heard anything back..I am an out of state applicant with a low MCAT, but high GPA to compensate(or so I believe).

Hi hmasters5, what are your stats. Today I received their secondary invite.

medhacker said:
Hi hmasters5, what are your stats. Today I received their secondary invite.

I have 23MCAT with GPA of 3.89. I already submitted my secondary, but waiting for interview. I wanna know how long it takes to review the completed file and send interview invites or denials.

Members don't see this ad :)
hmasters5 said:
I have 23MCAT with GPA of 3.89. I already submitted my secondary, but waiting for interview. I wanna know how long it takes to review the completed file and send interview invites or denials.

Your stats seem good enough. Perhaps someone else can comment on the time question. Best regards.

hmasters5 said:
Does anyone know the processing time from the time you turn in your secondary till the time you hear something back. My file was complete mid August with everything in and I haven't heard anything back..I am an out of state applicant with a low MCAT, but high GPA to compensate(or so I believe).[/QUOTE

i received an interview invite about a week and a half after my secondary was submitted. i submitted my secondary around august 1st and got the invite around the 8th or 9th. my stats are 3.4 overall, 3.25 science, and 27O mcat. hope this helps..

christinejane19 said:
hmasters5 said:

i received an interview invite about a week and a half after my secondary was submitted. i submitted my secondary around august 1st and got the invite around the 8th or 9th. my stats are 3.4 overall, 3.25 science, and 27O mcat. hope this helps..

Hi,

are you a florida resident?

I submitted my secondary August 18th and was invited for an interview on August 22nd, my interview is October 21st. I am from out-of-state. I have a 30 mcat, and a 3.5. Hope this helps.

Sweetlill1 said:
I submitted my secondary August 18th and was invited for an interview on August 22nd, my interview is October 21st. I am from out-of-state. I have a 30 mcat, and a 3.5. Hope this helps.

Sweetlill1

Were all your LOR's in at Nova? thanks

Sweetlill1 said:

Thats pretty quick. Cause I had called this morning on a status check and he told me the committee meet 2 times a month on a wednesday I believe and they look at about 300 applications. Then they send interviews from that.

I wouldn't listen to medhacker's advice. He's another crying liberal. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

hmasters5 said:

I interviewed at NOVA last week, it was great. However, they took forever to get back to me. I sent my application in on June 1st and I didn't hear from them for about 1 1/2 months. But it all worked out, just be patient. ;)

patho said:
I wouldn't listen to medhacker's advice. He's another crying liberal. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

funny how to most republicans anyone who is not republican is a liberal :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

medhacker said:
funny how to most republicans anyone who is not republican is a liberal :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

LOL...I am a Republican and a conservative, but you are right.

as soon as your secondary is in, or sometimes even before, they can email/call for an interview. They may be full unitl november already. I just went on 9/12. I got an email a few days after my secondary was in. They DEFINATELY dont wait for you LORs. But they wont make a decision, post interview, w/o them.

Good luck.

Stay in a cheap hotel by the beach, anywhere from north miami to ft. lauderdale is OK. the traffic isnt that bad. I stayed at the golden nugget, really shi**y hotel, BUT its RIGHT on the beach and they have a nice pool. I paid 55/night.

No, they still aren't in (due to uncontrollable circumstances, being that my letters are in New Orleans). Nova told me to try to have them in by my interview, but even if they weren't it would be okay.