Nova?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
N

Novasaurus

I was looking at Nova's page on pharmcas and saw that they accepted 270 people for the fall 2005 class, yet had an entering class of only 200. It seems like 70 people is a lot to turn down a pharmacy school and go elsewhere. Also, the 270 that were accepted came from a pool of 325 people that were interviewed, which seems like pretty good odds. If anyone from Nova or anyone who has applied to Nova can comment on this I would appreciate it. I am interested because I applied there and have an interview.

Members don't see this ad.

200 is quite a large number when you are talking about pharmacy school enrollment. Butler has a class of 133 and when we were re-accredited this past semester our ACPE visitors stated that the preferred enrollement for a pharmacy school is around 110. They stated this is optimum so that students to get lost in the mix. 70 is a very low number to turn down. Somewhere on the forums you will find a link to a page that contains each schools stats in regards to GPA, application numbers, and class sized; you should look at this in order to get an idea about the numbers game...

Best of luck!

Please be aware that NSU COP has 3 different campuses. It has the main Fort Lauderdale campus which seats 120 pharmacy students, the West Palm Beach campus which has 40 seats, and the Puerto Rico campus which has 40 seats available. NSU has an open-door policy, so if someone is having a problem or concern, the professors are more than willing to help.

The 200 is split up.

ButlerPharm.D. said:
200 is quite a large number when you are talking about pharmacy school enrollment. Butler has a class of 133 and when we were re-accredited this past semester our ACPE visitors stated that the preferred enrollement for a pharmacy school is around 110. They stated this is optimum so that students to get lost in the mix. 70 is a very low number to turn down. Somewhere on the forums you will find a link to a page that contains each schools stats in regards to GPA, application numbers, and class sized; you should look at this in order to get an idea about the numbers game...

Best of luck!

Ah, I wasn't aware. My bad.