Nova

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

serendipity08

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi~

I will be attending Nova this coming semester. I was wondering if current Nova students recommend on-campus or off-campus housing?

If off-campus, where do you suggest?

Thanks!:)

Members don't see this ad.

Definitely live off campus. My friend lives in the dorms and is a second year DS and says they are crappers. Some places close by - Sundance, Palm Trace, Royal Grand, Cameron Cove, Sunforest, all are within walking distance and a lot of students live there. Sundance is right across the dental school but I'd say Royal Grand or Palm Trace are the nicest within a close distance..;)

Members don't see this ad :)
Welcome to Nova!

As the senior class president and as a graduating dental student, I can tell you that you will get a good education from this school. You will get stressed and frustrated throughout the years, but it really does fly by quickly. Sooner than you know it, you're in the clinic treating patients and life is good. Best word of advice is to go at your own pace and do your own thing. There will be 100 other individuals in your class in the same league as you and everyone will have different strengths and weaknesses.

With regards to your question, I can tell you from first hand experience that you want to be off-campus. It's not that the dorms are bad or anything, its just that you will be closer living off-campus than on for about the same price. Hope this helps,

http://www.dentalgrad.com - connecting dental graduates to great jobs

I'm a 2nd year dental student at Nova - you will be stressed at times but that goes for any dental school. Overall, the education is pretty good. The dorms are not good from what I hear, my friend lives in one and goes to school here. I'd say stay away from them. Good luck finding a place..

thanks everyone! i look forward to meeting you.