Nova

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

tosh

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi guys,

My question is how many of you applied to Nova ? Did you get an interview, rejected, rejected after interview ? And how was the phone interview, does anyone went through it ?
Last question is Nova a good school for PT ?

Thanks for all the input !

Members don't see this ad.

I applied to Nova. I had an interview about a month ago, received Hold status after that.. basically waitlisted. The interview was really chill, the person wanting to know the norm stuff: why pt, why nova, what would you do in X situation. I heard that they interview everyone who meets their minimum requirements (not sure if true).

Thanks Dreamer131, was your interview over the phone ? I guess from what you saying there is nothing to stress about ? Who interviewed you ?

Members don't see this ad :)
I also had a phone interview there in October. It was way chill. I was sick and sounded like crap and I told him too and he said that was fine. Dr. Kolber was the one to interview me. He is very laid back, just asked the typical questions like why Nova, why PT?

So i just had my interview .... It was exactly what you guys told me :) lol Thanks a lot !

I got waitlisted there. Better than being denied haha.

utahutesfan- why do you think you got waitlisted ? The interview didn't go well ? And how soon did they let you know after interview ?
You are right better than being denied !

utahutesfan- why do you think you got waitlisted ? The interview didn't go well ? And how soon did they let you know after interview ?
You are right better than being denied !

I think I got waitlisted because of my interview. It went really well until he asked me if I knew anything about any physical therapy legislations. I didnt have time to prepare for the interview in my opinion because I got an email a day before my interview and I was not able to read up on the legislations as much as I would have liked. I mentioned vision 2020 but I didn't fully understand it when I first read it. I do understand it. I mentioned how here in Utah, PT aides that work with patients covered my Medicare were getting laid off in October because Medicare wants the PT's to only work with the patients one on one instead of aides and he said that was not what he was looking for. The PT's I work with said my example is physical therapy legislation but he was looking more at vision 2020 and other legislations I guess. I found out about 3 weeks later about my status.

Yeah I also got a response via mail saying that my application is on "HOLD" from MOnica Hernandez this is what she said to me. I interviewed over the phone with Dr Kolber on October 18th 2010

Oh no! Hold does not mean rejected, it means you are still being considered and the committee will re-review your application at a later date. Trust me a reject letter says you have been denied, you are still being considered.

I had my interview about 4 weeks ago via the phone. As many of you already know, it was a fairly basic interview consisting of about 5-6 questions. The whole thing took about 20minutes. I was surprised when I was notified that I was accepted because of the brief interview. I just payed the first payment so I guess I will be seeing some of you next year... Can't wait! Good Luck to everyone still on the line. :xf:

Congrats 9 ! I had mine 2 weeks ago .. I hope to hear the good news soon !!