November Interviews - how long until we find out?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ckmonster

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have my Temple interview next week and I was just wondering if it was possible to find out acceptance/rejection/waitlist by december 1st. Is there like a cut off day? Let's say if you interview before a certain day in Nov you'll hear back on Dic 1 (or around it)?
I have my BU one on the 30th so for that one I know it'll be a while before I hear anything from them!

Oh men! I hate this waiting game!

Thanks for your input!

Members don't see this ad.

i had the same question... so i took a look on predents and found that people who interviewed on nov 16 to nov 21 for ucsf were able to receive notice on dec 1

I'm sure you can get a Dec 1st acceptance if your interview is in Nov.
I just had an interview at Marquette (on the last day of interviews) and they said that they would be starting the selection process the next day.

Members don't see this ad :)
i had the same question... so i took a look on predents and found that people who interviewed on nov 16 to nov 21 for ucsf were able to receive notice on dec 1

Thanks! I dont know how I didnt think of that myself! :oops: I just looked too and it looks like if I interview next week I might find out on Dec 1st! OMG! too much pressure! lol! :eek:

Yea, you will hear on December 1st if that's their policy. If you interview on November 30, which is a Monday, I am not sure if you would hear back that night at Midnight though?? Guess it depends on the school

Has anyone gotten an interview from Louisville after the 20th. I noticed that since I got my interview over a month ago, no one else has posted an interview on predents. It seems like I got the last day before dec. 1st decisions.. :cool:

Has anyone gotten an interview from Louisville after the 20th. I noticed that since I got my interview over a month ago, no one else has posted an interview on predents. It seems like I got the last day before dec. 1st decisions.. :cool:

A few of us at a Marquette interview were wondering the same thing. We all had interviews at other places, but we heard nothing from Louisville.

A few of us at a Marquette interview were wondering the same thing. We all had interviews at other places, but we heard nothing from Louisville.
It appears that Louisville looks for something unique in their applicants. Based on their incoming class averages and predents.com, numbers are not their top priority, although i'm sure they are still important. I really don't know though. After reading through some old acceptance threads I did learn that Louisville, like Marquette, is not huge on post-december interviews. They have an extensive NTBC list. And many choose Louisville as their #1 or at least #2, so rarely give up their spots. I'm going to check one of doc's tables to make sure that's right, but that's what the generally consensus seems to be.

Yea, even though Louisville's class was not full in February, they still only offered 2 post December interviews (stats are from Doc toothache's pre-dents evaluation)

So the class may have been full b/c obviously predents does represent the whole applicant pool, but it does shed some insight. And it was probably more than 2, but I doubt the number was high

Last edited:
It appears that Louisville looks for something unique in their applicants. Based on their incoming class averages and predents.com, numbers are not their top priority, although i'm sure they are still important. I really don't know though. After reading through some old acceptance threads I did learn that Louisville, like Marquette, is not huge on post-december interviews. They have an extensive NTBC list. And many choose Louisville as their #1 or at least #2, so rarely give up their spots. I'm going to check one of doc's tables to make sure that's right, but that's what the generally consensus seems to be.

Yea, even though Louisville's class was not full in February, they still only offered 2 post December interviews (stats are from Doc toothache's pre-dents evaluation)

So the class may have been full b/c obviously predents does represent the whole applicant pool, but it does shed some insight. And it was probably more than 2, but I doubt the number was high

Louisville may not extend a lot of post December interviews, but when I interviewed there in September they told us that basically everyone who has interviewed there will either be accepted or waitlisted on December 1st. They also said that one-third of their current class came from their wait list. I am really hoping for an acceptance from there on December first but if not than I know that I still have a great shot being on their wait list. Hope this helps.

Louisville may not extend a lot of post December interviews, but when I interviewed there in September they told us that basically everyone who has interviewed there will either be accepted or waitlisted on December 1st. They also said that one-third of their current class came from their wait list. I am really hoping for an acceptance from there on December first but if not than I know that I still have a great shot being on their wait list. Hope this helps.
Yea, that makes sense. My concern is that since my interview is on Nov 20th, does that mean I am being interviewed for the waitlist or is that still in time for Dec. 1st notifications..

Yea, that makes sense. My concern is that since my interview is on Nov 20th, does that mean I am being interviewed for the waitlist or is that still in time for Dec. 1st notifications..
Louisville makes decisions same day after interviews so anyone who interviews pre Dec should be hearing from them Dec 1.
And you are right, Uof L states on their website that they give 40% weight to your PC, EC, LOE and interview so grades do not mean everything to them although they need to see a trend showing you can handle the course load.