Mar 17, 2020
Status
  1. Pre-Medical
After some discussing with my SO, I decided to try and sneak in the end of the DO cycle and submit my primary app by mid-late October (letters of rec should be in by early-mid November). My stats are roughly 3.6 CGPA and BCP (BCP is slightly higher) and 518 MCAT first take (127,128,132,131). I was planning to apply to virtually every DO school besides the VCOM’s due to not meeting their upper level science requirements, and none of the state funded DO schools (Midwest resident). Are there any schools I should take off my list due to their class likely being filled by now?

Last edited:

Goro

SDN Gold Donor
Gold Donor
10+ Year Member
Jun 10, 2010
Somewhere west of St. Louis
Status
  1. Non-Student
After some discussing with my SO, I decided to try and sneak in the end of the DO cycle and submit my primary app by mid-late October (letters of rec should be in by early-mid November). My stats are roughly 3.6 CGPA and BCP (BCP is slightly higher) and 518 MCAT first take (127,128,132,131). I was planning to apply to virtually every DO school besides the VCOM’s due to not meeting their upper level science requirements, and none of the state funded DO schools (Midwest resident). Are there any schools I should take off my list due to their class likely being filled by now?
Zero schools will have filled their classes. Hell, even Harvard hasn't filled their class.

Skip the newest DO schools and the one son my Bad Boy list. You really don't need to apply to every school, either. I have a high regard for, in no order:

UNECOM if you’re from the NE,
OSUCOM if you’re from the Plains states
PacNW if you’re from that region
CCOM (but watch tuition!)
AZCOM
KCOM
MUCOM
VCOM
CUSOM
LECOM
PCOM
NYITCOM
The Touros
KCU
both Westerns
DMU
ACOM

Reactions: 1 user
About the Ads
Mar 17, 2020
Status
  1. Pre-Medical
Zero schools will have filled their classes. Hell, even Harvard hasn't filled their class.

Skip the newest DO schools and the one son my Bad Boy list. You really don't need to apply to every school, either. I have a high regard for, in no order:

UNECOM if you’re from the NE,
OSUCOM if you’re from the Plains states
PacNW if you’re from that region
CCOM (but watch tuition!)
AZCOM
KCOM
MUCOM
VCOM
CUSOM
LECOM
PCOM
NYITCOM
The Touros
KCU
both Westerns
DMU
ACOM
A Missouri address is considered my permanent address on my application, but I currently live and work in Nebraska (since July of this year). Would this connection to the plains be adequate to garner some attention from OSUCOM? Thanks for your feedback, you’re a legend Goro!

Goro

SDN Gold Donor
Gold Donor
10+ Year Member
Jun 10, 2010
Somewhere west of St. Louis
Status
  1. Non-Student
A Missouri address is considered my permanent address on my application, but I currently live and work in Nebraska (since July of this year). Would this connection to the plains be adequate to garner some attention from OSUCOM? Thanks for your feedback, you’re a legend Goro!
Yes for OSUCOM

Reactions: 1 user

DO2015CA

Resident - PGY2
5+ Year Member
Apr 21, 2014
Status
  1. Resident [Any Field]
Don’t apply now. With a 3.6/518, especially from a Midwest state. Wait a year and go to an MD school. It’ll leave better options for you in the future specialty wise.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.
About the Ads