November test takers!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

jfgavina

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Let's unite this nation and talk about everything. From fears to achievements, crying to celebration, tips, and score evolution. I created this thread so we can compare each other scores and change ideas. If you're in this boat you're free to start discussion. Recent test takers are also welcome of course for that precious advice!

Members don't see this ad.

hello i will be retaking exam in mid november! how are you prepping? i am doing the DIT 12 wk plan.

Hi! I'm an average student from a foreign medical school. Started studying in april, I did RR path, brs phisio, rr bioch, cmmrs, hy neuro. After that I did a section of FA followed by corresponding UW tutor timed mode questions. After this I ended UW with 53% and did UWSA 1 in which I had 214 points.

This was from april to mid june. Then I had exams in my school until the end of july and took vacation till the 24th august. I did kaplan diagnostic and finished it with only 45%. Then with some FA reading and kaplan random timed blocks I was able to increase from 45% in my first block to 72% in my last block. I'm averaging 57% with 40% of kaplan completed. My last few blocks are above 60%. Started DIT yesterday. Actually enjoying the program, if it delivers what is promised are very well spent 600 euros!

what about you? any diagnostic test? How was you're study time line?

i started the dit 12 wk program on august 10th and will be done with it on november 2nd-so far i have done rx for a qbank and averaged 68% on the bank with about 20% done. i plan on doing an nbme this weekend-the first one as i just finished the first pass of the dit videos. did you sign up for actual test yet? good luck. your scores are getting higher and higher which is a good sign!

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey guys, I'm also planning on taking the test in November. Currently I'm doing kaplan and I have so far finished biochem, BS and pharm. I'm starting physio next.

@ jfgavina: are you doing the kaplan qbank random or subject based?

welcome to the club naseeha. my first uw round was subject based during the school year and I finished with 53% now I'm doing kaplan 46 random timed blocks and I'm averaging 57% but in my last few blocks I'm getting above 60%

how are u scoring?

First off I hate doing questions. As a result I've only completed 34 questions which were all molecular bio. I'm doing the kaplan questions as I revise the notes a second time. So far I have only revised the molecular biology section of biochem so I only did those questions related to it.

I got 73% on those questions but I was hoping for a better result since I did do those questions right after reviewing it.

Hey november test takers! Show up! what have you been doing? how are you scoring in nbmes/uwsa ?

i'm taking my test dec 1st...wanted to know which nbme's to take...ive done nbme 11 and 12...but since my test is in about 2 months, i figured id have time to do a couple more...i bought nmbe 6, and i heard nbme 7 is good...but has anyone done nbme 5?

hey guys i am aiming to take test around 1 dec and i have been improving as i did nbme 2 and increased my score by 25 points or so. am doing rx bank along with najeeb videos to go over weak spots and then at end of this month i'll be doing a 2nd pass of DIT. i hear the best nbmes to do are forms 6,7,11,12. keep me posted on your progress!

sup guys ,

i'm an IMG and plan on taking the test late Nov or early Dec , i'm using ..

DIT
1st aid
Pathoma
Usmle step 1 secrets
BRS physiology + kaplan Vids
Kaplan Q bank
Uworld

the one subject that i'm not so sure how to study for is anatomy and neuroscience .. MY goal is 220+ .

sup guys ,

i'm an IMG and plan on taking the test late Nov or early Dec , i'm using ..

DIT
1st aid
Pathoma
Usmle step 1 secrets
BRS physiology + kaplan Vids
Kaplan Q bank
Uworld

the one subject that i'm not so sure how to study for is anatomy and neuroscience .. MY goal is 220+ .

if your goal is 220, ive heard that u can use dit, uworld and get ur 220 from that, with of course first aid....that will save u a lot of time bc kaplan vids take forever...i only used kaplan path vids, which were awesome, but they were barone vids...the new guy isnt great at all...he always says "this is important"

Members don't see this ad :)
American University of Antigua student. Taking the exam on the 4th of november.

NBME first try - 197

NBME second try - 217

prepping for my third now. I am doing the kaplan videos in the areas I am weak. I also use first aid and UWorld every day.

I just started doing Uworld like 2 weeks ago, and through 1200 questions all random, unused, timed mode I am scoring 68.5% with a rating of 75th percentile. I don't know where that puts me... Hopefully i'll do well on my next nbme here in like 1 week or so.

if your goal is 220, ive heard that u can use dit, uworld and get ur 220 from that, with of course first aid....that will save u a lot of time bc kaplan vids take forever...i only used kaplan path vids, which were awesome, but they were barone vids...the new guy isnt great at all...he always says "this is important"

I have to disagree here.... Kaplan videos are only long if you aren't willing to spend the appropriate amount of time studying per day that you should be when preparing for the biggest test of your life. I do an entire subject in 3 days (excluding the big 3.) There are much better sources for path (i.e. Goljan audio a must in my opinion.)

Kaplan videos can literally take you to the next level if you sit down and put the attention needed into them.

2 weeks ago : nbme6 214
1 week ago uwsa 2: 232

today: nbme 11 - 231

test day: november 7th

set for the 230? dou you think it is possible to reach for the 240? now that I have 230 I want more

I think I will succeed

btw, nbme was the most difficult test I ever took in my life, not even those stupid tests from my school are as harder. I hope the actual exam is easier

looks good :) how long have you been studying?

i have similar goals as you :) probably not as close to it as you, but im taking my exam end of novemeber so hopefully that gives me enough time to improve!

2 weeks ago : nbme6 214
1 week ago uwsa 2: 232

today: nbme 11 - 231

test day: november 7th

set for the 230? dou you think it is possible to reach for the 240? now that I have 230 I want more

I think I will succeed

btw, nbme was the most difficult test I ever took in my life, not even those stupid tests from my school are as harder. I hope the actual exam is easier

Nice job JFG. My scores look very similar to these... I took NBME 12 2 weeks ago and got 217. I am taking NBME 11 this week... I hope I can knock out a 230+ like you!

hey I don't know if this is estimating my real score I feel like there is much that I don't know specially those picky details from FA, but in the next weeks I'll try to memorize them as the test comes closer. unfortunately my teachers didn't give me dismissal from classes those bastards. but I'll try my best

I've been studying since april w/ a 2 month stop from june to august and restarted since then. but I'm an 5th year IM student w/ very poor background so I needed more time to build up some knowledge

ya as did i! i used up quiet a bit of time building up but now i feel like no matter how much "building up" i have done it still isnt enough and the only reason i feel like that is because I struggle trying to memorize those details.

Example currently I am doing female breast pathology, its taking me forever to memorize the differentiations between each tumor its really annoying. Just hoping all this memorizing will happen soon and I still have time to do enough questions for the next month and a half!

gluck to you :)

I suggest webpath. at least you see the images that make you remember those details. that's what I'm going to do because I did it w/ brain tumors and it worked

cool ill look into it!

seeing everyones progress makes me nervous feel like theres still so much more to do! i guess its never enough when it comes to step one lol

gluck :)