NovoPath APLIS

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

cmz

Pathology Wannabe
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Does anyone use this LIS in their practice? How reasonable is the cost compared to one of the SunQuest systems?

Members don't see this ad.

We use it at one of the sites we cover and I have mixed feelings about it. From what I can gather, in comparison to CoPath (be it Cerner or Sunquest, and I've used both), a "what you see is what you get" editable report is an optional feature at extra cost. The base version has a series of plain text boxes that you have to manually tab or click through to enter all the data and I have no idea if there is any feature there to do rich text formatting. All of the extra, though essential, features such as cassette printing, labels, etc. are extra (in the 5 figure range). Every module you see on their website that has a link to it basically costs 5 figures, and you buy those a la carte.

I give this background to basically say that once you start adding in the options to make NovoPath function or feel like a Sunquest or Cerner product, you'll basically be paying around the same price.