Now I am getting worried

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Chemiguy

densing
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I finished DAT in July and my app was completed in mid-august.
I have not heard from any schools except for one school.
Does it mean it's game over? or I am just impatient?:scared:
Share your thoughts please.

AA18/TS19/PAT20

Members don't see this ad.

im in the same position actually. Only heard back from Midwestern and im really worried too. Turned in my apps about the same time as you too.

I am also in the same situation. One interview and one rejection. I have yet to hear from any other of the 16 schools I applied to.

Only 3 schools have put anything down for the status section of the AADSAS...Case (rejection), UCSF (Waiting Additional Information, even though they have everything), and Creighton (under review).

Members don't see this ad :)
Depends on which schools you applied to - I submitted my application in May, and there are several schools which I have yet to hear a word from, aside from a confirmation that my application has been completed.

So it could be both that some schools have not gotten around to reviewing your application, and other schools could have already deemed your application to be not competitive enough. Although, I am under the impression that schools try to review the applications in the order in which they receive them, so it is likely that your application is still waiting to be reviewed.

i hadn't heard back from any schools since end of august for my most recent interview (on the 28th of september), and then over the course of 3 days i got 3 rejections (between monday and yesterday). this is what i was most worried about... hopefully some more interview invites will be sent out.

AADSAS mailed july 30, evaluations mailed out august 13

3 rejections, 0 interviews...

Don't fret you will get more interviews.

you want to hear the truth??? your DAT scores are not impressive at all. They are above average, but that doesn't say much, as acceptance rate goes somewhere from 5-15% for most schools. Unfortunately, your grades and DAT scores get you into the door, and your personality wins them over at the interview. But instead of waiting for answers, I think it's best to start planning ahead, and work out the potential scenarios. If you don't get accepted, maybe study and retake the DAT. With the application pool nowadays, you would feel much more at ease applying with 20+. But hey, I was a 22/22/22 and got great rejections letter from UoP, temple, Boston, and the other idiots just cashed my checks and won't even respond. Just go on with your daily life for now. Nothing you can do. The ball is in their court, for now.